Like most headphone successors, the Razer Kraken have seen minor tweaks since the Razer Kraken Pro V2 rather than revolutionary overhauls. Razer Kraken Pro Review. Razer Kraken Pro Review. It's comfortable enough and sounds … There are no bells, whistles, or otherwise gaming-oriented doodads. It doesn't exactly noise cancel but it is pretty darn close. So my total rating for the Razer Kraken Pro's is a 26/40, which is a Decent on my scale. If you buy something through this post, IGN may get a share of the sale. But the Ultimate simply feels a cut above, delivering … I would say that the peeling started a year ago. I would recommend this to a friend. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. But I do love these headphones, and I will wear them until they break, as I do with every other headset I buy. Great headset for gaming. Razer's 2018 Kraken refresh combines a standard 3.5mm headset with a USB control box, giving it THX capabilities and nifty on-the-fly bass EQ. Reviewed in the United States on December 17, 2017, You either love it or hate it there's no in between, I personally love it and it has not given out on me even through long gaming sessions, Reviewed in the United States on December 15, 2017, Reviewed in the United States on August 16, 2019. The first one a much higher end kracken ($160). The artificial leather and synthetic mesh headband is comfortable, with a soft touch that’s a relief compared to some of the popular ‘tight fit’ designs like the Logitech Pro-X or the Corsair Virtuoso. Using the Razer Kraken Pro V2 gaming headset The Razer Kraken Pro V2 headset looks premium and the colors of the green version that we tested, makes you think about an aggressive serpent… Review: Razer Kraken Pro Headset. From the band to the cushions to the cans themselves, the Razer Kraken Pro V2 I was sent for review is decked out in an all-black finish. Hands down the best headset I have ever owned. Razer's Kraken Pro is a good value for any gamer looking for a new headset. Razer Kraken Pro Review. The Razer Kraken Pro V2 gaming headset looks like a solid device, with excellent hardware specifications and high-quality components. Verified Purchase. There are no bells and whistles you can’t set up directional cues as with some of the higher end headsets but the sound is awesome, the headset fits comfortably and is lightweight. This review is for the Razer Kraken Pro v2 Wired Stereo Gaming Headset will be based on using it to play BF1 and BF4 on a PC as I do not have an Xbox One, Playstation 4 or Mac. Its heavily padded … It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The Kraken Pro’s sound is decent, warm, with a slight boost to the bass. The Razer Kraken Pro V2 Gaming Headset is outfitted with larger drivers than its predecessor to offer a louder and richer soundstage than ever … Both are fairly comfortable with a bulky, gamer-centric design. Our Verdict. To begin with, the Kraken V2 comes with large 40mm neodymium magnetic drivers that provide very good deep bass, good mid's and clear highs for gaming. I did have some issues in the beginning setting it up as everyone I was on discord with could hear music I played on my computer through their own headphones. The Pro V2 feel better built, but the Kraken X are more lightweight and have a more stable fit. They even come with indented channels along the ear cushions for glasses. Reviewed in the United States on October 22, 2017. This is the ONLY pair of headphones/earbuds to last me any substantial amount of time, since every other pair I've bought dies within months/a year from the purchase date. I only wish that there was a microphone mute on the cord of the headset and that the headset was a little more lose. The mic accurately reproduces your voice and filters out a lot of background noise. Visit http://www.hardwarecanucks.com for more news and reviews! The sound quality is okay, I have been told the mic is crystal clear. Rating: (4.0 / 5) Summary: As a nice basic unit the Razer Kraken Pro delivers. Razer Kraken Pro V2 – Design, Build and Features The Kraken Pro V2 feels great in the hand, and has been built with perhaps the perfect blend of … The Razer Kraken Pro V2 is comfortable enough for long gaming sessions. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Razer Kraken Tournament Edition - Performance Subtle really is the word though, because everything you tweak in the Synapse software or … We encourage you to read our updated PRIVACY POLICY and COOKIE POLICY. I would say that it lasts about a year. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. After that issues was fixed though they have been pretty decent. We have all heard of the saying, “Simplicity is the best policy”, right? Lackluster sound reproduction, garish design, and an iffy mic make this headset a … Springs. And hey, the earcups are cold now. This one broke with in … I have the keyboard that I love as well as the mouse. The Razer Kraken Pro V2 headset is simple, slick and quintessentially Razer. I thought that the speakers and the cushion would completely cover the ears but they don't. It's one of the higher quality headsets for it's price range. Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2018. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. This has great audio quality. An in depth look at the new 2019 Razer Kraken Gaming Headset. Rated 5 out of 5 stars. The original Kraken was a good headset, make no mistake, as was the Kraken X that followed it. Release the Kraken! I would recommend this headset to others. They also have a decent sound that unfortunately, you can't customize them with the Razer Synapse software, unlike the Kraken USB. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Razer Kraken Pro Over Ear PC and Music Headset, White, See all details for Razer Kraken Pro Over Ear PC and Music Headset, White, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. However it feels great but not for long periods of time. Read helpful reviews from our customers. It looks nice and very comfortable. I did have some issues in the beginning setting it up as everyone I was on discord with could hear music I played on my computer through their own headphones. It’s also quite light – significantly lighter than my regular Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2s. Review Author:Craig H Review Date: June 2, 2014. It worked yesterday and today nothing. The size of the ear cushions remain the … I like this headset well enough. By Zak Storey 26 October 2015. The sound quality is amazing, nice and rich with more of an emphasis on the bass but not in an overpowering way. The Razer Kraken X and Razer Kraken Pro V2 are similarly-performing gaming headphones. For more. 4 out of 5. The headsets I will never touch again. The quality of the sound is great for it's price. Verified Purchase. Now skip forward to today almost 2 years later and the microphone just stopped working. Razer … This review is from Razer - Kraken Pro Over-the-Ear Analog Gaming Headset - White. I have a fairly small head (I am a petite female) and some times this headset gives me a migraine because it squeezes my head. The Razer Kraken X is a budget version of a headset that was already considered entry-level to begin with. Verified Purchase | Posted 3 … One of the best things about Razer’s products is that they don’t hide their products. If you want a reliable headset for a good cost these have replaced my steelseries and turtle beech. It also is peeling all over the place. Very comfortable, even over my glasses which normally get mashed into my face. Gaming with the Razer Kraken Pro V2 is an extremely straightforward affair. The Razer Kraken Pro V2 are an above-average and sturdy gaming headset with a great microphone. Regardless of what I say, you did a good job Razer, and keep up the good work guys / girls! Reviewed in the United States on January 19, 2017. Razer Kraken Tournament Edition - Performance Subtle really is the word though, because everything you tweak in the Synapse software or … Verified Purchase. Razer Kraken Pro Neon Review The Razer Kraken Pro Neon headset looks great and is comfortable for long gaming sessions, but an all-purpose … Best Tablet for Kids 2020: Educational and Kid-Friendly Tablets, Best Mini ITX Cases 2020: MITX PC Cases for Tiny Gaming Computers, Best Mid Tower PC Case 2020: Build Your Gaming PC With the Best ATX Case, Best Nintendo Switch Lite Accessories 2020: Stands, Batteries and More, Best Cloud Storage 2020: Backup Your Data With These Online Storage Services, Best PC Controller 2020: The Best Game Pads for PC Gaming, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE Gaming Headset Review, V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Master Headphones Review, Audio-Technica ATH-G1WL Wireless Gaming Headset Review, LucidSound LS25 Esports Wired Gaming Headset Review, UPDATED: WB to Offer All 2021 Films on HBO Max in Addition to Theatrical Releases, BioWare: Casey Hudson, Mark Darrah Depart Company, The Batman, The Snyder Cut and Every Other Upcoming DCEU Movie and Show, How Experts Hunted Down Murder Hornets and Destroyed Their Nest, House of the Dragon: New Dragon Art Released for Game of Thrones Prequel, Things Ghost of Tsushima Doesn't Tell You. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The Kraken is a little heavy, and the ear cups can’t swivel at all, which can create a slightly skewed fit, depending on the shape of your head. Reviewed in the United States on July 23, 2018. If you're looking to buy quality headsets this is a great one for it's price however be warned that it doesn't fully cover your ears and can cause discomfort after long periods of time. Comments; Shares. While the performance suits the needs for consumers looking for headphones for all occasions, the bass becomes the only point of contention in sound quality. Other than those small issues though these look very nice and work well. Best Buy has honest and unbiased customer reviews for Razer - Kraken Pro V2 Wired Stereo Gaming Headset for PC, Mac, Xbox One, PS4, Mobile Devices - Black. Reviewed in the United States on October 22, 2017. Both headphones have excellent boom microphones and similar bass-heavy sound profiles. I have ended up keeping theses headphones in reserve as I try to find a nice pair of earbuds to use, but I just keep coming back to these! The Razer BlackShark V2 Pro is an excellent wireless headset based on an excellent wired headset. But none of this means the Kraken is bad, far from it. 2012-10-26 17:00:00 by Chris Carter. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The negatives aren't close to being deal breakers, and many may not even see them as negatives at all. Helpful (0) Unhelpful (0) Report. Springs. So its up to you if this is worth buying or not. This is a stereo headset, and connects via 3.5mm, so apps like Razer’s Synapse won’t recognize it. I did some trouble shooting and could not figure it out. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Post comment. I love these they are so pillowy and portable. While they may be built to be worn for long periods of time, they’re unfortunately not compelling enough to take your eSports skills to the next level. I like this headset well enough. It refers to their packaging technique and so you will know first-hand what you have bought. The microphone quality is much better than other headsets. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. While, yes, they are big and clunky to carry around, they do work. Built with comfort in mind, the sound quality from both the headphones and the mic leaves much to be desired. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, This has great audio quality (This has been edited), Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2018. The Razer Kraken is an extremely comfortable headset, but suffers from poor sound quality from both the microphone and the speakers. Reviewed in the United States on July 30, 2018. pinches my ears and cannot wear the set very long. The Kraken boasts not only thicker padding along the headband, but also has better padding around the ears. The mic is good however the construction feels a little flimsy and at times takes a little bit more pressure to put it all the way back into the headset. Reviewed in the United States on August 20, 2018, These headphones are very good, I have had these headphones for well over 3 years and they are still holding up working like new, there is only minor wear from the fabric becoming loose but besides from that it’s like works like new, However it feels great but not for long periods of time, Reviewed in the United States on March 31, 2018.