SageK Guest. Transformerless microphones (such as the Neumann TLM 103… Neumann U87 Vs TLM 103 Vs Audio Technica At4040 microphone comparison. Neumann TLM102 & TLM 107 Issue #30 It sometimes seems as though many of the world’s microphone manufacturers are obsessed with recreating the designs and characteristics of decades-old classics, … The TLM-103 sounds a bit thin on the Langevin at times depending on the vocalist, but the Sebatron treats it real well. In a way, it seems to resemble the Telefunken C12 more than the ‘251. The TLM-103 may be the most acoustically sensitive cardioid microphone in its class. Song 60oldwaysdie319final.wav (1.57 MB, 6657 views). See also: Neumann TLM 102 vs 103. But the WA-47 has more mod potential nowadays... Now that Michael Joly retired from modding Oktava's. When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. In the following article, we will discuss the comparisons between Neumann TLM 102 vs 103, which are both among the more affordable models from the company. The bundle includes a stand mount which is quite useful and effective for eliminating mechanical noise. Warm Audio WA-47. The new TLM102 embodies everything we've come to expect from a large-diaphragm Neumann studio mic — except the price! While that certainly doesn’t mean that the TLM 102 is lacking in quality, there are certain differences between the two that … Frustrated by the low quality of early turn of the century microphone … With a capsule design based on the legendary U87, the TLM-103 … The Warm Audio WA-47 is a high-performance, multi-pattern, large-diaphragm, transformer-balanced, tube condenser microphone. It seems this mic is pretty new and not many have owned one, I was hoping someone who has or has used one extensively could guide me in picking one of these. This is a real winner for some male … Share Reply … It includes some of the same features, like the frequency range, very low noise of operation, and the … It is also more compact, with a diameter of 52 mm and a length of 116 mm. Self-noise is given as 10 dB-A and the maximum sound pressure level of 141 dB … I think Bill Sitler, is still doing his nice modifications, to those Oktava's. Neumann TLM-103. Used for all kinds of audio recording applications from woodwinds to strings to vocalists and voice. P.S. Also included the Vanguard V13 by the way. But recently a producer told me that the new wa-251 is not only a better vocal mic, but a better choice for me specifically since my voice … Today, the TLM 103 defines the standard by which contemporary studio microphones are measured. It has the same capsule that is found in the Neumann U87 mic, but with a presence boost that the U87 doesn’t have. It has a hand-tensioned diaphragm, which isn’t common in microphones these days. I would like to … For vocals, personally speaking and from experience ANYTHING but a TLM 103! 3. Neumann TLM 102 is available at a lower price point, and is praised for the natural audio character. If you want to stay in the price range of the TLM 103, I A/B a Blue Blueberry against it and to me it was a more pleasing sounding mic for the following reasons. Take 1: TLM67 – Universal Audio 710 Twinfinity … Neumann has been a trusted name in the world of microphones since the early 1900s. It is available in two finishes, matte black and nickel. So I'd say in this case a WA-251. The sound character of the TLM 103 … Currently I've been using a bluebird and then a TLM 102. Click here to login, The ability to reply to and create new discussions, Access to members-only giveaways & competitions, Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As, Access to members-only sub forum discussions, Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio, Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free. Thanks tripnek. Neumann's models are generally accepted as high-quality microphones. Warm Audio Introduces WA-47 Tube Condenser Microphone. In a way, the TLM 102 is an affordable alternative to the 103. I also bought the 102, which sounded more accurate to my voice but definitely low and muddy at times. It was a HUGE difference from the 102 for sure. Between the two Warms, definitely the WA-47. This microphone is specifically … It was a HUGE difference from the 102 for sure. It has a transformer in it (all TLM … The TLM 103 D offers the same sound and technical excellence, combined with all the advantages and DSP functions of Neumann’s digital microphone technology, such as an integrated … pre-amps and the user will often blame the mic. I was looking at the same shortlist just last week. For vocals, personally speaking and from experience ANYTHING but a TLM 103! Both are built for use on the go and portable but also able to be more stationary in a studio setting. Hey there! The TLM 107 is available in black or matt nickel and ships in a wooden box with a stand mount but no suspension mount. We were actually surprised that Warm Audio did not use a body that was closer to the size of the original. Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is. pre.. Having said this, the MK4 is excellent value for money - but I would also look at the Neumann TLM … I know this was a year ago but did you like it? Neumann TLM 103 Vs 102. Its classic tapered headgrille design gives the TLM 103 a distinct Neumann look. Sometimes it will show up poor mic. … The Neumann U87 is … The 103 I've used before and really liked the sound. 2. The WA-251 is significantly thinner than the vintage ‘251. But recently a producer told me that the new wa-251 is not only a better vocal mic, but a better choice for me specifically since my voice can tend to be nasally. Overall, the WA-251 … Often among voice artists, radio presenters and audio professionals in general the subject of microphones comes up. I think all three are excellent options in that price range. Lots of proximity effect (even more than my RCA ribbon mics) and about 1.5 dB more bottom than the TLM-103, with a similar top end to the TLM-103. Until then, I'm probably going to go back to my bluebird, even though I've dropped it a few times and you can tell by looking at the grille. Thin voices get a little help from the rumble on the TLM-103. Hey there! Neumann TLM67 vs TLM103 Mic Shoot out: Here is a comparison i recorded with my 2 Neumann Mics, the TLM 67 and the TLM103, through 2 preamps. https://soundcloud.com/king_omni/el-bossman, Warm Audio introduces the WA-251 Tube Condenser Microphone, Already have an account? tlm 102 vs tlm 103 The TLM 102 is the younger, cheaper brother of the TLM 103. rather than the mic. The 103 I've used before and really liked the sound. They were based on Scott Dorsey's original mod suggestions. Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is, I'm looking to purchase a new mic for my home studio to take my rap vocals up a notch. You need an account to post a reply. The TLM 103 is actually an excellent mic., but it's not for e everyone. The TLM 103 is a … 1. The TLM 103 offers everything demanding users could wish for: nuanced vocals with precise reproduction of sibilants and excellent speech intelligibility. Tough question. Would you recommend the 251? I'm thinking of going with either the 103 or the wa251. Complement-usually. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered. I agree, which would you prefer: a Wa-251 or a tlm 103. 1. Warm Audio WA87 vs Neumann U87. When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. The attenuation switch on the U87, when engaged, does (in my opinion) alter the sound of the microphone somewhat. On the other hand, Neumann TLM 103 … Neumann TLM-102 vs TLM-103: Which Is The Better Mic? tripnek, Dec 6, 2003 #15. Unlike some other established microphone manufacturers, Neumann have resisted the urge to produce cheaper models by building them in the Far East, but their TLM … I agree, which would you prefer: a Wa-251 or a tlm 103. The bluebird sounded pretty good, maybe a tiny bit harsh sometimes, but the high end tone really worked well with my voice. While both condenser microphones are outstanding, the almost double-price for the TLM-103 is warranted, for its fuller, richer bass response, and crisper, airier high frequencies. Warm Audio introduces the WA-251 Tube Condenser Microphone. Hence, Neumann TLM 102 can be a more portable mic that is easy to handle. We compare the Warm Audio WA87 vs Neumann U87 to see how they perform and which one is the best for broadcasters and podcasters. Why do microphones today sound rubbish - z5600a mk2 & WA87 sounds awful thin & WA-47? Furthermore the TLM103’s ability to handle a higher sound pressure level (138db vs… Many transformer balanced microphones (such as the Neumann U 87) date from the 60s and 70s, when most engineers preferred a rather mellow kind of sound.