My mother used to make a chocolate chip oatmeal pie. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Antonis Achilleos; Prop Styling: Audrey Davis; Food Styling: Emily Nabors Hall. In a small bowl, combine the oil and milk. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Place the chopped chocolate in a microwavable bowl. Southern Living is part of the Meredith Home Group. Use the cookie pie crust recipe listed or any store-bought pie crust will do, Watch the oats carefully as they will burn quickly, The pie plate will be VERY full so be careful when placing it in the oven, Bake the pie on the baking sheet just in case any pie leaks over the edge, Store the pie at room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for 5 days, Pie can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Even though Little Debbie herself never made a chocolate version of her cream pies, if she did I imagine it would taste a lot like these. Place in freezer while making the filling. Really love this recipe! March 15, 2015 at 4:35 pm Reply; Romy. Pie crust and chocolate layer can be made a day ahead and stored in the fridge until ready to be filled. It also has an Irish Cream twist perfect for St. Patrick’s Day and the rest of the year! Add salt, ... greased 9 inch pie pan. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Yes, I … My new favorite pie!!! I have been told it is like a candy bar. It worked out great. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Let stand 1 minute. Carefully place the pie on the baking sheet and bake until the edges are set and the center is firm to the touch, about 30-35 minutes. Learn how to cook great Chocolate oatmeal pie . semisweet baking chocolate 2; chocolate cookie pie crust 1; chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix 1; chocolate graham cracker crumbs 1; chocolate hazelnut spread 1; chocolate milk 1; View More ↓ uncategorized. Allow the pie to cool completely before serving, about 3 hours. If you are a beginner, you can simply use a store-bought graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust such as Keebler's Graham Ready Cracker Crust or Keebler's Chocolate Ready Crust, If you are an intermediate baker, you can make your own cookie crust and bake it for about 5 minutes to crisp it slightly (this is the crust that is listed in the recipe below), If you are an advanced baker, you can make your own chocolate pie dough and bake the crust for 20 minutes (covered with parchment paper and pie beans to hold the shell down) and then remove the parchment paper and pie weights and bake an additional 5-10 minutes. May 21, 2020 - This Chocolate-Oatmeal Pie has a buttery crust and a gooey chocolate filling topped off with a layer of golden toasted oats. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth. The slightly gooey chocolate center was so rich and similar to a fudgy chocolate pie filling. Cool at … Most people think of oatmeal pies as hand-held sandwich cookies filled with creamy frosting. This Double Chocolate Oatmeal Pie has become my new best friend and it wants to become yours too! This pie can be made a day or two in advance. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Add to butter mixture and stir until almost combined. In small bowl, combine oil &milk. salt 1 c. light corn syrup 2 tbsp. Just silly - same taste - different shape. Amount is based on available nutrient data. At the sugars and mix on medium high until the butter is light and fluffy, about three minutes. The step brings out the oats’ nutty flavor, which pairs so well with the rich, lightly spiced chocolate filling. Scrape the chocolate into the bottom of the cooled pie shell and spread evenly. It is an amazing flavor and texture combination. Fold edges under; crimp. Pour into the unbaked pastry shell and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven … Add sugar, salt, syrup, butter and vanilla. Press cookie dough into prepared pan. Unwrap chilled dough disk. ★☆ Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, 8 to 10 times. In a large bowl combine pecans, beaten eggs, and next 7 ingredients. Chocolate Pecan Pie Baked Oatmeal is Vegan Easy and Delicious! PS - I think I may have to try this myself! Chocolate Oatmeal Pie . Make sure to toast the oats thoroughly on a baking sheet in the oven. Directions. Happy to hear you enjoyed the pie as much as I did! With the crunchy oatmeal streusel topping it was perfect and really hit the spot. This Double Chocolate Oatmeal Pie has become my new best friend and it wants to become yours too! Store: If you have leftover Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal, it will be good in the fridge for 2-3 days.Let it cool to room temperature before covering and storing the oatmeal. (Pie will be very dark.) WOW! Add the corn syrup, vanilla, and cider vinegar and whisk to combine. 1/2 c. quick-cooking oatmeal 1/2 c. chocolate chips 1 unbaked pie shell. This homemade oatmeal crumble cherry pie is made in honor of this year’s cherry blossom season. Sift together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt set aside. Takes the pie. Stir in pecans, oats and coconut. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Prepare the Crust: Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor 3 to 4 times. Combine brown sugar and all ingredients (EXCEPT PECANS AND CHOCOLATE CHIPS, stirring well with a whisk. For the crust, in a 9inch pie plate, combine flour, 1½ teaspoon sugar and ¾ teaspoon salt. Return to oven (on baking sheet); bake at 400°F for 5 minutes. This Chocolate Oatmeal Cream Pie recipe puts the best of both desserts together! Beat eggs until thick (3 minutes). Feb 16, 2020 - This Chocolate-Oatmeal Pie has a buttery crust and a gooey chocolate filling topped off with a layer of golden toasted oats. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. vanilla 1/2 c. coconut 1/2 c. quick oats 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate pieces 1 (9 inch) pie shell. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place oats on the baking sheet in an even layer. Ease the dought into a 9-inch glass pie plate and flute the edge as desired. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake on the hot baking sheet for 5 minutes. This was easy and absolutely delicious! Gather into a ball; flatten into a disk. But this is a pie in the traditional sense, with a buttery crust and a gooey chocolate filling topped off with a layer of golden toasted oats. It isn't the prettiest pie, but it taste great. Freeze: To freeze it for later, cut your oatmeal into serving size squares. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This Chocolate Chip pumpkin pie oatmeal bake is one of our favorite and go-to recipes, especially in the fall. I don't know why bars seem less formal than pie slices to me. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Chocolate oatmeal pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. A hearty, nutritious, and delicious way to start your morning. https://tastykitchen.com/blog/2015/06/chocolate-chip-oatmeal-pie Roll dough into a 11” circle; fit into a 9” pie plate, light sprayed with cooking oil. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until smooth. Add the half and half and sugar to the partially melted chocolate and stir everything together. Prepare the crust (either a store-bought crust, a cookie crust or a homemade pie crust) Bake the uncooked quick oats until they begin to …