However, a quick pH test demonstrates that most of the competitive serums have a pH between 3.0 and 3.5 – low enough to be effective, but not so low so as to violate the pat… I ordered a brand new bottle of SCE vitamin E serum and carefully checked the color out and it was clear. This probably just means my skin is used to l-ascorbic acid. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C+E SERUM ADVANCED FORMULA at Amazon.com. Shopee đảm bảo nhận hàng, hoặc được hoàn lại … I’ve had the Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic Serum (CSSCEF) since March 29th and the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum (SCEF) since June 30th. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … After a few days my face and neck started to burn like the worst sunburn ever. Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C + E Serum Advanced Formula. Rivoli. BUT THE HOT DOG SMELL! Best Vitamin C Serum For Sensitive Skin: Paula’s Choice Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum ($38.00) Ascorbic acid (pure vitamin C) is the most effective form of vitamin C, but it’s also the most irritating. I bought the C+E serum for only $39.95, that's $105.05 cheaper than Skinceuticals. I bought the C+E serum for only $39.95, that's $105.05 cheaper than Skinceuticals. Cosmetics Skin Solutions is our absolute favourite vitamin C serum and retails at around £24.99 which is significantly less than others on this list that our panel trialed. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, … PSA: TesterKorea Now Carries Cremorlab, Whamisa, The Yeon, and a few other Miscellaneous Good Finds! EXPAND THIS BOX FOR MORE INFO!! Our team is committed to excellence in the scientific field of developing clinically-validated cosmeceutical antioxidant skin care products! In fact, my skin feels nothing. The seller I use is Sammysbeautybar. Most cosmetics that are acidic are hygroscopic, meaning they would attract water thereby moving the pH toward neutral NOT acidity. I noticed his prices are higher than most eBay sellers though ty so much for the time to answer and the wonderful article! 2. For the serum both companies included 15% of Vitamin C, along with Vitamin E and Ferulic Acid. For the B5 Gel both companies combine the vitamin with Hyaluronic Acid, the natural hydrator found in the skin. Our team is committed to excellence in the scientific field of developing clinically-validated cosmeceutical antioxidant skin care products! You are super welcome! Created with Sketch. Vitamin C serums fade spots and protect skin from free radical damage. My skin texture just looked a lot better. I haven’t tried the Timeless one, although I know that it is supposed to be a close dupe of Skinceuticals. It’s the first skincare item I’ve come across that I feel like improves my baseline skincare. I would have never noticed it without testing both serums on my arm side by side. First off, let me do a review of the company itself. That was NOT the result I got. I apologize, this picture probably isn’t helpful at all. The CE Ferulic shown here has been in my bathroom for about 1 week. Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C 20% Advanced Formula+: rated 4 out of 5 on MakeupAlley. Based on your review, you state the Skinceuticals is even worse? Sort By. The reason is a lot of the benefits of vitamin C are preventative – for example, I mainly use vitamin C under my sunscreen because it beefs up UVA and UVB protection. Applying non-prescription Vitamin C to your skin causes up to a. Cosmetic Skin Solutions To the Rescue: Cosmetic Skin Solutions (CSS) boldly creates duplicate serums that out compete Skinceuticals at much lower costs. Why? In fact, I highly recommend patting this stuff on your face and doing it quickly to prevent tugging at your skin, CSSCEF smells metallic whereas SCEF smells like hotdog juice, which is also metallic. Im afraid to buy from some one who is not recommended. Skinceuticals is pretty bad, but Drunk Elephant’s C Firma serum takes the cake! Good luck, It sounds like you might have had an allergic reaction to the serum. They are the exact same formulas. I’ve had the Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic Serum (CSSCEF) since March 29th and the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum (SCEF) since June 30th. The smell is pretty intense isn’t it? In the picture below, you can see that both serums have a yellow tinge. This vitamin C serum delivered incredible results from around two weeks of use. Sodium is in literally everything (i.e. I checked out the website and was certainly intrigued. Hello, I have heard about Korean skin care products did they work for you? Still, I want to know how you think the Skin Deva Compares to SkinCeuticals. How to Survive Tretinoin without Molting - a Dry Skinned Girl's Guide to Curology (fka Pocketderm)! Get news and special offers delivered right to your inbox! One more problem with your analysis is that liquids don’t usually degrade to become more acidic, unless your talking about wine turning into vinegar (your not). Even though ferulic acid makes l-ascorbic acid more stable, it’s still not a stable ingredient at all. Supreme Serum CE with 15% vitamin C from Skin Solutions provides unmatched antioxidant skin protection, helping to prevent damage caused by free radicals, … I finally went to the ER room and the doctor diagnosed it as being caused by the vitamin C serum. *Review updated 1/23*. Sort By. This is an effect I have not gotten from any of the other products I’ve used, and to me might make Skinceuticals worth the premium it costs (although let’s be real. Cosmetic Skin Solutions professional grade serums provide high amounts of effective antioxidants. This patent pending Vitamin C combination antioxidant utilizes 15% stabilized Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic acid), Vitamin E, Asiatic acid Glutathione to protect skin from oxidizing agents caused by free radicals. I have sensitive skin and just started using it (but have had the bottle on my bathroom counter for several months) and it stings a bit–does that mean it is still active? Glad you asked. That was good enough for me to give the twin pack of Cosmetic Skin Solutions a … That said, I’m all about affordable Vitamin C these days since it’s such a utilitarian product. ( Log Out /  Here are the ingredients for both. Glad it’s worked well for you too! Like most people, I’m wishing for results at lowest possible price. I noticed one difference in the ingredients . TO caused closed comedones, and DIY was a lot of work. Find the best vitamin C serums, ingredients, and honest reviews at Beautypedia. Find out if the Timeless 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum is good for you! My skin feels healthier and looks more plump. For this benefit alone, I recommend the Skinceuticals CE ferulic serum over the Cosmetic Skin Solutions one. V. REX thank you so much for such an informative article. Neither serum irritate my skin. It comes with vitamin E and ferulic acid to increase the effectiveness of vitamin C eightfold, and is great for everyone and all skin types. Neither of these CE ferulic serums produce any tangible sensation on my face. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. I used to have acne so I had the Reacutane treatment back in 2015 for six months and my skin used to be sensitive so I was skeptical that my skin won't handle it. The only thing that isn’t the same is the price. Filter by age. Cosmetic Skin Solutions C+E is one of the more affordable serums available and one of the best-sellers here at Best Vit C Serum.The ingredients are identical to the more expensive Skinceuticals C+E serum with vitamin c, ferulic acid and hyaluronic acid as main ingredients. Our skin regrows & hyrolaunic acid speeds up the process. I want to use it but…me no likey hot dogs on my face! I used the SCE vitamin E serum in the morning along with Hyaluronic Serum. Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic Serum on the left, Skinceuticals on the right. They have a Vitamin C+E+Ferulic serum as well. But seriously–GROSS! I just received it this Sunday, so I have no results to speak of yet, but wanted to know your thoughts on the product, if you had any. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Once it starts crossing over into orange territory, I would stop. This is their store: goo.gl/4fxp9a. 24 août 2019 - Visibly improve fine lines, wrinkles and firmness with COSMETIC SKIN SOLUTIONS products designed to provide superb lifting and tightening properties. The most dramatic benefit, which I started noticing about a month after I switched to Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, is an improvement in my skin texture. As we age, our skin's natural levels of vitamin C decreases, which is why it's great to include it in your daily skincare routine. This serum is not a quick fix but something you want to & need to use every day. I first heard of Cosmetic Skin Solutions’ Vitamin C+E serum on Twitter. I was trying to use the strip to verify whether the pH was low enough for salicylic acid to be in free acid form – I guess my question is are the strips so inaccurate that I shouldn’t even bother? For instance, some other products have a high percentage of vitamin c which is not so good. Thanks for watching! Ive heard timeless is scentless so that’s on my list to try next! Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. 1% vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), and 0.5% ferulic acid  which not only protects your skin from free-radical damage, but increases collagen synthesis and cell proliferation of protein fibers which improves the structural integrity within your skin. if so which ones do you recommend. Skinceuticals costs $142 and Cosmetic Skin Solutions costs $39.95. Don't let low price fool you; these products really work. The only thing that isn’t the same is the price. , Just wondering if you can give some tips on trying buy best samples on eBay etc like how to tell if it’s old or what the consistency should be like etc …. TWO THUMBS UP! pic. I hadn’t really heard of their company before but would highly recommend based on the superior customer service I received. Incidentally you could also use a properly calibrated conductivity meter and compare millivolts to correctly assess the similarities between the 2 brands. For this benefit alone, I recommend the Skinceuticals CE ferulic serum over the Cosmetic Skin Solutions one. Pic Natural Best Vitamin CE Serum - 2 Oz With Ferulic,Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C 15% - Wrinkles, Anti-Aging, Sun … One reason Dr. Pinnell argues it is still best to buy Skinceuticals CE Ferulic is because a pH of 3.5 or lower is required for optimal activity (Dermatologic Surgery), and his patent requires no CE Ferulic serum to have a pH between 2.5 and 3.0 (Patent 20050154054). Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cosmetic Skin Solutions Supreme Serum 20 Anti-Aging Formula with 20% Vitamin C, 0.5% Ferulic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid (2 oz) at Amazon.com. 1. Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums and Creams! We have the best skincare products for women over 40. The range of the test strips is too broad to accurately identify .5 increments of pH value AND analyzing results using color interpretation of the strips for any substance other than water would be considered inconclusive. The scent is also likely due to Ferulic acid, which is known to have a burnt/metallic scent. Ebay! Reviews. Thanks. This overachiever does it all—which is exactly why we're giving it a glowing review. These vitamin C serums are great for acne scars, sensitive skin, and more. If you’re pinching pennies, Timeless Vitamin C+E Serum will get you 95% of the benefits of Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, and for a much lower cost (same with the Cosmetics Solutions CE Ferulic). YES this stuff is amazing. L-ascorbic acid is the pure form of vitamin C (whereas other forms of vitamin C, such as magnesium ascorbyl palmitate is a complex that includes l-ascorbic acid) but highly prone to oxidation (you know this happens when the serum turns yellow, then orange, then brown). ... ADVANCED GÉNIFIQUE YOUTH ACTIVATING SERUM 421 reviews. Thanks for watching! For Glowing, Healthy Skin: Use alongside B5 Serum or Hyaluronic Acid Serum; Tip: 20% Vitamin C + E + Ferulic Acid Serum is best kept in a cool, dark place like the fridge to ensure freshness and quality in every single drop. Thanks, And at that time, I was just doing a double cleanse, serum and moisturizer. Cosmetic Skin Solutions tied Timeless in efficacy, was almost as good on price, ingredients and feel, but loses big in the stability department. 3 years ago. Jacie raved about it and that it is comparable to the very popular Skinceuticals’ C E Ferulic serum but at a much lower price. As a kid, you were probably told to drink orange juice because Vitamin C+E Serum is a powerful combination of antioxidants combining active ingredient amounts of 15% vitamin C (stabilized L-Ascorbic acid) 1% vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), and 0.5% ferulic acid which not only protects your skin from free-radical damage, but increases collagen synthesis and cell proliferation of protein fibers which improves the structural integrity within your skin. Skin Deva makes a Skinceuticals dupe I like a lot better than the Cosmetic Skin Solutions one (it oxidizes MUCH slower and the effects seem better). I asked a couple additional questions and mentioned the stinky smell and again, he responded right away with a plethora of information, including recommending the DCG Peptide Moisturizer b/c it has the best scent. I can't recall why I didn't like the SkinCeuticals formula but I didn't even finish the bottle. Per the Beauty Brains (who are cosmetic chemists) the two terms are used interchangeably and neither are the INCI standard (which is sodium Hyaluronic acid) so I wouldn’t read too much into one list having one form vs the other list having another. Very detailed and insightful. These two serums are very, VERY similar. I say slightly because neither are easy to spread. I’m not quite sure what to make of this. Change ). While we’re on the subject, I’ve gotten some weird results testing creamy/milky (i.e. First off, let me do a review of the company itself. CSS is more yellow, but it is also older. Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C + E Serum Advanced Formula. Both smell terrible. This Super Antioxidant serum fights free radicals while it brighten and evens skin … However, these results require long-term use and are tricky for me to comment on because I use a lot of other products that target some of these same benefits. I tend to look at the listing titles to find the freshest batch! Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cosmetic Skin Solutions 2 Antioxidant Kit Collection - Supreme Serum CE (Vitamin C 15% + Vitamin E) + Supreme Hydra B5 Gel -1 oz Each at Amazon.com. Here is a side by side comparison, to show this better. I found them just as I was about to order CSS and decided to give them a try since Timeless is about half the prices of CSS. They are the exact same formulas. All Rights Reserved. COMPLETE Skin Solutions Vitamin C + E Serum With Ferulic & Hyaluronic Acid (1 oz), COMPLETE Skin Solutions Vitamin C + E Serum With Ferulic & Hyaluronic Acid, Health & Beauty > Personal Care > Cosmetics > Skin Care, Complete Skin Solutions Vitamin C + E Serum With Ferulic Acid (1 oz), The first piece of the anti aging puzzle Dr. Oz talked about was Vitamin C and the second piece was Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C+E Serum is a powerful combination of antioxidants combining active ingredient amounts of 15% vitamin C (stabilized L-Ascorbic acid). My skin is mostly dry at 55yrs. Lesson to be learned here? Great job! Cosmetic Skin Solutions C+E is one of the more affordable serums available and one of the best-sellers here at Best Vit C Serum. The larger molecules might tend to be much less likely to be absorbed into the skin. The ingredients looked good and I admit, I was blown away by the price of the serum. The science behind it is as robust as you can get. Mua Serum làm sáng chống lão hóa Cosmetic Skin Solution Vitamin C+E Serum giá tốt. Our rating: 9.8 / 10. it be my first time buying so I don’t have a comparison of real product thanks. The best vitamin C serums can help brighten dull skin, even out skin tone, hydrate skin, and protect it from pollution. Here are a few key differences: These serums both contain alcohol (which aids with absorption) and I do find both to be quite drying, so it is definitely necessary for me to layer on some moisturizing products after this sinks in. It’s easier for me to see the difference since I was just a month in with a consistent skin care regimen. Cosmetic skin solutions c+e vitamin serum. Combining ascorbic acid with vitamin E and, I purchased the Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE ferulic serum off, SCEF has better slip and is slightly easier to spread around on the skin. Water/Aqua/Eau, L-Ascorbic Acid (15%), Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Butylene Glycol, Laureth-23, Zinc Sulfate, Glycerol, Alpha Tocopherol (1%), Triethanolamine, Ferulic Acid (.5%), Phenoxyethanol, D-Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid. I just read and commented on your Skin Deva review—which I loved; you write thorough reviews. V. Rex: thanks for this reply, which I missed earlier. As a chemist I have to comment that your pH results are, without a doubt, incorrect. Table salt) and most of those things don’t smell like lard . See 7 member reviews and photos. If you look at the ingredients of Skinceuticals CE Ferulic and Cosmetic Skin Solutions C + E Ferulic Serum, you’ll be seeing double. I trust that I am getting that protection, but there’s not really a way for me to test it, short of applying to half my face and going out in the sun to see which side gets burnt first, and I am not willing to do that, even for science. If by any chance the serum you have received is oxidised, we will be happy to send you a replacement or a refund. Let’s Cure Pure Skin Basic Step Exfoliator (pH Adjusting Toner) Review . Two reasons: Skinceuticals holds a patent on all l-ascorbic acid serums with a pH of 2.5 to 3, which poses a challenge to would-be competitors because l-ascorbic acid works best at a pH under 3.5. Gah! not fully aqueous) BHA products with the pH strips and have long suspected that they don’t handle oil-in-water type of solutions well. Vitamin C+E serum is a powerful combination of antioxidants combining active ingredient amounts of15% vitamin C (stabilized L-Ascorbic acid), 1% vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), and 0.5% ferulic acid which not only protects your skin from free-radical damage, but increases collagen synthesis and cell proliferation of protein fibers which improves the structural integrity within your skin. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C and E Serum Combination Antioxidant Treatment (30 ml) at Amazon.com. Select Your Cookie Preferences . Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C+E SERUM ADVANCED FORMULA at Amazon.com. I use avitamin C cream over it right after after applying it. I've tried TO's Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%, SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic® with 15% L-ascorbic acid, and DIY Vitamin C serums. Finally found a review for the one skincare item that I totally consider a Holy Grail. I’ll get to it one of these days soon! from. So glad I read this b/c I bought Cosmetic Skin Solutions C+E and didn’t realize I was supposed to refrigerate it. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C+E SERUM ADVANCED FORMULA at Amazon.com. It is less yellow than the current state of CSSCEF but it is definitely not entirely clear. Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic comes in a larger, frosted bottle. It also worked on all skin types and all skin ages. In this post, we will explain how this specific formula works wonders as an anti-aging solution. He was insanely friendly, informative and thorough. Lastly, I was interested in the pH of CSSCEF. Since I have no plans to invest in a pH probe meter, it suffices to say that results of my pH strips testing indicates both of these serums appears to be in the correct range to be effective. I’m going to focus mostly on the short-term experience of using these two serums. Reviewed by: Ashley Nelson. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out /  My skin tone looked more even. Related: Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum Full Review. It’s really difficult to be specific when using pH strips, but if I had to estimate, I would place the pH for CSSCEF between 2 and 2.5. If the color is still yellow, I’d say it’s fine to use. In the picture below, you can see that both serums have a yellow tinge. I worked on process control / industrial engineering projects in a previous job and know that product consistency can be challenging, especially with smaller companies, so it is very possible I received a batch that is unusually acidic. Combined with SUPERLOWpH™ technology, this Vitamin C Serum is the most effective on the market. First, I tested SCEF, which, as expected, landed between 2.5 and 3. As mentioned earlier, the ingredients are nearly identical.