If you have a tighter curl pattern you may find that this salt spray doesn't provide you with enough hold to give you definition. Sea Salt Spray Ingredients: The main ingredients for making sea salt spray are sea salt, Epsom salt, an oil to condition, essential oil and Aloe Vera gel. 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 5 drops vitamin e 7 drops grapefruit essential oil (or whatever your favorite scent is!) by Chelsea Castonguay September 18, 2017. You can also make your own DIY sea salt spray. (Mine is a 150-milliliter bottle.). May 25, 2019 - Want beachy waves without actually going to the beach? A lot of people prefer sea salt spray for their everyday use since it gives them an insane amount of volume and bounce. Since I don’t always have the sun, sand, and saltwater of the beach at my disposal, I decided to take matters into my own hands and started mixing. Next, comb your hair and get rid of any tangles. 1/2 cup warm water. We often do... Are you struggling with hair growth? I find it’s the best kind of salt I’ve tried for DIY Sea Salt Spray’s. Top 3 Sea Salt Hairspray DIY Recipes For Curly Hair: Organic Coconut Oil Sea Salt Spray. Now you are ready to style. If you find that the spray is drying out your hair, mix some coconut oil or a few drops of a leave-in conditioning spray. A sea salt spray is a product that professional hairdressers use to achieve messy beach waves. Spray each section of your hair, especially around your mid and top section. This easy spray will help give you those perfect beach waves—without all the sand and greasy sunscreen—to help recreate your best hair days at … Now you can pour your newly created sea salt spray into a spritz bottle. While you can buy some great ones for under $30, you can make your own sea salt spray for mere pennies using this recipe. Pour ¾ teaspoons of sea salt into the water. Salt is quite drying on the hair that is why we are using both Aloe Vera gel and an oil to counteract it. The best part regarding a sea salt spray is that it can be used by everyone, no matter their hair type, length, or texture: If your hair is curly and you want to make yourself a quick and easy DIY spray, go for this one! 1 tablespoon of leave-in hair conditioner, 5 drops of any essential oil if you need a soothing scent. In fact, I understand it’s great for to make wavy hair wavier than normal. Any help is greatly appreciated! Several of the sea salt sprays are further withering to the hair, as salt draws moisture and essential oils out. My favorite way to refresh my curls is to divide my hair in half and loosely French braid it on each side. Instead of the aloe vera gel, you can use hair gel or even hair conditioner but to keep things natural, I used … Let’s look at the recipe and ingredients. You can use any of your typical hair styling tools to give yourself those flawless beachy waves. This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, Want Softer Lips? It does not matter how expensive the bottle is, it will eventually clog, so I opt for cheap ones that can easily be replaced. A DIY sea salt spray is an excellent alternative to chemical-laden hair treatments; however, sea salt may have a drying effect on the hair shaft if it is the primary salt used. Having your hair colored and maintaining that same color can be a challenge for most women. This sea salt spray for hair is an easy DIY way to get beach curls at home. So I thought that since I was trying to change the focus on my account from just sort of making whatever I … 1 teaspoon sea salt. Affordable sea salt sprays for curly hair are the best, especially when you still get all the benefits of a salon-approved formula. To get beachy waves, nothing beats a great salt spray. Did you know that sea salt hairspray is the second most used hair product, right after dry shampoo? Add more salt if you feel the spray needs more. If you are using the same funnel, make sure it is dry, or the salt will absorb the water and cake up, making it hard to get it through the funnel. Yes, you can use sea salt spray on curly hair. Then, let the mixture cool down before you apply it to your strands. Screw on spray top and lock it if possible. Give it a generous shake until salt dissolves. Add texture, volume, and beach waves with the help of Drybar Mai Tai Spritzer Sea Salt Spray's seal salt, aloe, and algae formula. While there are numerous sprays available on the market, a DIY sea salt spray recipe will cost you less than half of the store-bought product and give amazing results. It contains 4 simple ingredients and works great! Style as usual and spritz in more as needed, depending on if you have curly, straight, or wavy hair. You can use your new DIY sea salt spray on damp, towel dried hair or dry hair for different looks. Even better, it makes use of three different salts—and the bottle is cute as can be. Sea salt spray adds texture to your hair so is perfect for fine hair. Sign up for our newsletter to get more tips and tricks. But if you spray too much you risk weighing your fine hair … Now to get that look, is another story. Another Best part is that is not loaded with chemicals or damages your hair unlike the hairsprays you buy. Disclaimer: Any time you are using natural oils in DIY products, watch out for bees! You can add essential oils to your mix for their fragrances and aromatherapy benefits. If you have naturally curly or wavy hair, you will not have to use a hefty amount of this product. This can lead to hair fall. 'This Is a Sea Salt Spray,' however, moisturizes your hair as it provides shape and volume. I also LOVE your sea salt spray! We are only adding a small amount and it will be diluted in water, so it should not be drying to the hair. I realized when I visited the beach last summer. They love natural beauty just as much as we do and can be drawn to the scent. Again, if the opening is very small, you may need a funnel to do this. HI! Now you know how to get beach waves the easy way! I found it also works best if you pull up your hair and spray it in layers, if that makes sense. For my type 2b-3a hair, the spray tightens my curls, but depending on your hair type, it may loosen them. I use a natural sea salt spray from Gnarly Whale, and it is silicone, sulfate and paraben free, but am unsure about the effects of salt on hair. Sea salt spray works best on the ends and midlengths on your hair.But beforehand you can apply 2-3 drops of any hair oil just to reduce drying effect. How to store sea salt hair spray diy: I like to use 4 oz spray bottles to put the sea salt spray in. The salt in the spray gives your hair subtle waves and lets you hold your beach-inspired hairstyle. I will admit that I am totally a hair stylist’s customer-come-true when it comes … I don’t know about you, but I love when I can DIY, especially when it comes to beauty products! We would love for you to become a beauty But if you spray too much you risk weighing your fine hair down. Add sea salt, coconut oil, and aloe to warm water. 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 5 drops vitamin e 7 drops grapefruit essential oil (or whatever your favorite scent is!) It contains 4 simple ingredients and works great! Here is a modified sea salt spray that incorporates Curl Junkie's Curls in a Bottle. Then, let the mixture sit before you add it to your strands. But today I’m back with a new and super-easy “recipe” that I’m currently obsessed with — DIY sea salt spray! I find that it works especially well when scrunched into hair that hasn’t been washed in a few days, and it provides a light hold for me on dry hair. With just a spritz, you get gorgeous, windswept hair without the sand sticking in between your toes. A DIY sea salt hairspray also saves your hair from harsh heat appliances. Most hair has some wave in it and this salt spray will help bring out your natural waves. Otherwise, try using less salt the next time you make it. Pour 1 tbsp. In my recipe, I am mixing Epsom Salt and Sea Salt, which makes the spray less drying to the hair. I thought back on beach trips when my curls had magically tightened into ringlets just from walking among the waves. Again, if the opening is very small, you may need a funnel to do this. Make sure that you have: First, you need to pour the warm water and mix it with sea salt into your bottle. Step 2: Combine the melted coconut oil and hair gel (or leave-in conditioner) into a separate bowl, then add the mixture to your spray bottle. Then, I spritz the sea salt spray all over and keep this protective style while I’m cooking, driving, or sleeping. The overall theme is achieving a natural and uniform texture. "Sea salt sprays dehydrate your hair, giving it texture. Specifically, I use “Celtic Sea Salt” for my blend. The higher the salt-to-water ratio, the more texture you will get--so don’t overdo it right off the bat! Although you may not live near the beach, your hair can easily look like you've been playing in the waves with this homemade salt spray. Once it does, spray it on top. The texture definitely builds throughout the week, and you will be able to tell when it’s time to wash it out and start over. Store it in your bathroom vanity. If your hair is straight and flat, you will end up with volume and texture. It also washes out really easily, preventing yucky product buildup that sometimes happens with hair … What is Sea Salt Hair Spray? But given I have straight hair, and so I can only try this for volume and control. Most hair has some wave in it and this salt spray will help bring out your natural waves. Add 1 tbsp. Also, Epsom Salt might be beneficial to the health of the hair and the scalp as well as when it comes to hair de-greasing. If your hair is quite dry you can replenish it with Macadamia oil. Spray bottle ; 1 cup hot water ; 1-2 tsp sea salt (more for a beachier look) 1 tbsp coconut oil, argan oil, or ½ of each (we like using both!) Don’t apply sea salt spray to your roots. I have naturally curly/very wavy hair, and found that the OGX (sulfate free) shampoos and conditioners work best for me. Make sure that you do not rub or squeeze your head with a towel since it will cause friction, and it will damage your strands. Next, add the melted coconut oil and your conditioner to another dish. of conditioner or hair serum into the bottle. Along with its’ power to smooth hair and keep the frizz down. Just the right amount of goodness to give softness for a real beach vibe. Heat up your stove to speed up the process. In a small spray bottle combine: 1/2 cup water 2 tablespoons aloe vera juice (not gel) 1/2 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil (this doesn’t get hard!) Full disclosure, I have naturally wavy hair and this recipe works best if your hair is already a curly way inclined. It seems that sea salt water can give our hair some volume and control. Use this sea salt hair spray on damp hair or as a texturizing spray on styled beach waves. This texturizing spray combines the texturizing ability of my original sea spray with the extra hold of my homemade hair spray for a long-lasting texturizing spray. Give it a generous shake until salt dissolves. glass bottle and close with a fingertip mister. Sea salt, while it does make some great beachy waves, can also be drying for your hair. I have naturally curly/very wavy hair, and found that the OGX (sulfate free) shampoos and conditioners work best for me. Before applying sea salt spray on your hair make sure you have shampooed and conditioned your hair as salt sprays are drying. Most would think that it contains table salt or sea salt. Unfortunately, like I told you here last week- I am a beach girl without a beach.. What if I were to tell you that you can capture that care-free wavy hair without spending a lot of money on a fancy Sea Salt spray or spending a day on the beach…although, I would take beach time any day. The sea salt helps with the repair of cells and roots to make sure all hair grows back as it should. Diy Sea Salt Spray for Beachy, Texturized Hair: Recently I've been seeing a ton of how to's on how to make this sea salt spray for your hair to get that sort of beachy texture in your hair. Even better, it makes use of three different salts—and the bottle is cute as can be. Try These Exfoliating Tips, The Differences Between a Cream and a Lotion, If your hair is normal and it does not have a lot of texture, or frizz, a sea salt spray will give you that. You can even customize your DIY sea salt spray according to the time of year. Then, dry your hair, preferably using the air-dry method. So, in areas like the roots of your hair, [you can] add more to give more of a boost! It does seem as though your hair is a bit more stiff or something, though, just FYI. 1 teaspoon coconut oil. It removes oils from hair strands. You can always add more salt if needed. If you are using the same funnel, make sure it is dry, or the salt will absorb the water and cake up, making it hard to get it through the funnel. You can then shake your bottle of sea salt spray and get the product going. Sea salt hair spray is a product used to style hair. It seems that sea salt water can give our hair some volume and control. Step 1: Pour the warm water and sea salt into the spray bottle. I like to use 2 drops of Lavender oil and 4 drops of Jasmine oil. This will give your waves or loose curls soft, touchable hold without weighing them down. I typically use this sea salt spray as a finisher on damp hair to tighten my curls. See more ideas about sea salt spray for hair, sea salt spray, salt spray. If your hair is curly and you want to make yourself a quick and easy DIY spray, go for this one! You are not alone. DIY Sea Salt Spray That WON'T Dry Out Your Curls, A couple drops of the essential oils of your choice (I use lavender and jasmine). I take the braids out, and my beachy curls are set and ready to go! In just 3 steps you'll get a great product! DIY Sea Salt Spray For Beach Hair. You can also scrunch and twist your hair to give it its needed shape. They’re one of the best ways to “love on your hair… Although salt water absorbs moisture and can dry hair out when used in excess, it is essential in creating a texture spray and has also been shown to stimulate circulation for a healthy scalp, according to Renee Loux of Women’s Health Magazine. ½ tsp leave-in conditioner Try this DIY sea salt hair spray. Sea salt is beneficial because it adds texture to your DIY sea salt spray.You may have heard that salt is harmful to hair, and that is partially true. Once the mixture cools down, add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Lastly, if your hair is quite thin and it demands volume, make yourself this sea salt spray. Keep on reading to figure out all the benefits when it comes to the use of sea salt spray DIY. Forms a loose “S” very easily straightened, Forms a definite “S” shaped like a corkscrew, Very tight curl when stretched creates an “S”, Hair intentionally matted to form "ropes", Guides and resources for easy product selection, Learn how to read your hair product labels, Easy-to-make recipes for all your haircare needs, Community member favorites make up this coveted list, Chat with curl friends about your favorite curly topics. 4 drops lavender essential oil Step 2: Combine the melted coconut oil and hair gel (or leave-in conditioner) into a separate bowl, then add the mixture to your spray bottle. 1/2 cup warm water. Because it uses only natural ingredients, it prevents that heavy, sticky feeling you can get with store-bought hair product sprays. Sea salt hair spray can benefit your hair more than you think. All the perks of using a sea salt spray, as well as three different ways on how to make this product. Pour 1 tbsp. Shake it up! Looking for makeup tips, skin care options, or more? DIY SEA SALT SPRAY FOR WAVY BEACH HAIR INGREDIENTS. DIY Sea Salt Spray. Seal the top tightly and shake it up one last time. ½ tsp leave-in conditioner I’ve taken the sea salt water for a couple of rinse so far and it indeed does what it promises! I spray on towel-dried damp hair and let hair dry. Feb 16, 2017 - Turn your hair into a mass of beautiful beach waves using this DIY sea salt spray for curly hair! However, if your hair is quite oily, use 1 teaspoon less than planned. My curl pattern falls between the 2b-3a Texture Types, and I wanted to find a product that would make my hair appear more uniform. This DIY sea salt hair spray is so simple to make and to use. If you’ve got curly hair, ... you can use the sea salt spray throughout the week! Add 1 tbsp. The essential oils in the recipe can be varied in many ways to help with hair growth, hair loss, dry hair, oily hair, scalp health, etc. If you find that the spray is drying out your hair, mix some coconut oil or a few drops of a leave-in conditioning spray.