What does Caesar tell Antony to do during the race and why? 1) Why are the tribunes Flavius and Marullus so upset at the opening of the play? 2. P�MY�$ Antony vs. Casca 4. 9th - 12th grade . z�7����>���rw�? Act 2, Scene 3 of William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar concentrates on a letter written by Artemidorus. It has a combination of multiple-choice, true-false, quote identification, literary device identification and matching. Brutus, you too have betrayed me! After ignoring the nightmares of his wife,... Julius Caesar Act I Study Guide Worksheet Answer Key Does Caesar have any real impact on the action of the play? Julius Caesar Act I Questions Act 1 Scene 1 1. He always responds, "Whatever you want Caesar". It is mostly objective; the true-false section asks students to correct the false parts of the statements. Why is Flavius critical of the workers he encounters? 1 0 obj SURVEY . 1- How do the heavens ‘blaze forth’ the death of Julius Caesar?. This close reading assessment features 10 text-dependent, high-order questions to promote improved reading comprehension and analysis of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar (Act 1, Scene 1). <>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> %PDF-1.5 After his death? C. Break up, move along, and ignore Caesar's … Played 26 times. Julius Caesar Questions and Answers. All's Well That Ends Well Antony & Cleopatra As You Like It Comedy of Errors Coriolanus Cymbeline Double Falsehood Edward 3 Hamlet Henry 4.1 Henry 4.2 Henry 5 Henry 6.1 Henry 6.2 Henry 6.3 Henry 8 Julius Caesar King John King Lear King Richard 2 Love's Labour's Lost Macbeth Measure for Measure Merchant of Venice Merry Wives of Windsor Midsummer Night's Dream Much Ado About Nothing … Two Roman tribunes, Flavius and Murellus, see the common people parading in the streets instead of working in their shops. This close reading assessment features 9 text-dependent, high-order questions to promote improved reading comprehension and analysis of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar (Act 2, Scene 1) with emphasis on the development of Cassius's conspiracy against Caesar. A cobbler informs them that the people are celebrating Caesar's victory. by susancwiggs. 1st. 30 seconds . Qu. All line numbers given are approximate to help you locate the answer to the question. By engaging in this exercise, students will analyze character motivations, examine word choices to discern meaning, draw logical inferences about the significance of given details, analyze details to … Before his death? Enhance your appreciation for William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar with Coles Notes: Julius Caesar Questions and Answers.In addition to a summary of the plot and brief descriptions of the characters, Julius Caesar Questions and Answers offers a concise review of the work and pertinent short-answer and essay type questions broken down by act and scene. Julius Caesar Study Questions and Answers. What role does tradition play in Julius Caesar? Home Julius Caesar Q & A Ask a question and get answers from your fellow students and educators. The central action of the play takes place in Act 3, Scene 1, where Julius Caesar is assassinated on the Senate floor by the conspiring senators. 1. They are bitter and jealous. <>>> 120 seconds . This is a 25-question quiz over Act 1 of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. (a)Explain: ‘Nor heaven nor earth have been at peace to-night.’. Quiz questions will ask about the content of this letter. 2. 1) Why are the tribunes Flavius and Marullus so upset at the opening of the play? ... (especially the senators). Question 1 . 4) How does Cassius die? 2) Why does Caesar decide to go to the Senate despite his wife’s warnings? In a roundabout way, Cassius compares Caesar to a giant. He then tells them that Caesar has not defeated an enemy, but rather that Ceasar has killed the sons of Pompey the Great. Browse from thousands of Julius Caesar questions and answers (Q&A). Tags: Question 2 . Ok, so i answered most of the questions i was given, but these kind of left me wondering. Julius Caesar Act III and IV DRAFT. questionTo celebrate Two tribunes are trying to get people to return to work rather than celebrate aesars return. Antony tells Octavius to fight on the left side of the field, but Octavius says no. 3 0 obj Caesar vs. Brutus 2. He thinks Caesar has he falling sickness (epilepsy). Act I . Q. Answer- There had been a terrible storm at … )metaphor (i thought it might be this one) c.)personification d.)anachronism (can someone define this please) 2. Why does Cassius think Caesar isn't fit to be king? 15) Why does Brutus kill himself? "ָ�P8h�x���Od���r�?����Ik�w�`����'�,�@k�Tua��3��N. Which BEST explains this quote by Caesar: "Et tu Brute?" ... 30 Questions Show answers. Answers. Act 1, Scene 1 of Julius Caesar establishes the Roman setting of the play and introduces several characters. 2. they murder Caesar!’. 1. An example of simile in Act 1 of Julius Caesar can be found in scene 2. B. He wants to talk to him the next day (he is contemplating on what he should do...kill or not kill his friend). 1. Nav. 1. 4 0 obj Julius Caesar Act 1 Questions, 10 POINTS!!!? The Soothsayer warns, “Beware of the ides of March.”. 84% average accuracy. This is why we give the books compilations in this website. The enemy is preparing to attack before Antony and Octavius are ready. Why does Marullus reproach them? Describe the changes that occur in the friendship between Cassius and Brutus. ... 10 Questions Show answers. 0. Who offers Caesar the crown and how many times? Study these questions and answers to help you prepare for an upcoming quiz or test. 9 months ago. 0. endobj Question 1 . The play of Julius Caesar opens on a crowded and noisy street in Rome as Julius Caesar returns from battle, where he stomped Pompey's sons into the ground and later on after disagreeing with Ceaser on how Rome should be run Ceaser chooses to assassinate him. $@�Ȓ%Y�x#(T�l�$ 3. 4. Go home and put on their best clothes. What is Casca's opinion of the way Caesar refused the crown? answer choices . �p�W�iZxc (Բ$iZ� )HZ�:��P��0X��Cr&�:͒��b�N��I^��I�$ ���$�,I����9S����J鈞 w�ҫ��@�s����������'d� When he tells Antony to touch Calphurnia in the race, Antony says, “When Caesar says ‘Do this,’ it is performed.”. 5) Was assassinating Caesar the right decision? 3. Start studying Julius Caesar Act 1 Scene 1-3 questions. He agrees, but says he needs time to think it over. F�x�h�����ϻb��������t�bBW6�TTӝ!�"DDSR�B�G�P�(��!��M]6�C��.-(,� \2��R 2 0 obj torrent (n) a flood Directions: Answer each of the following questions based on your reading of Act I. What else do you remember from act 1? answer choices . a slave with a burning hand, a lion, an owl, and men on fire. 1. Explain why the working men are celebrating in the first scene. a.) }��y�����!I�.2���#Vj�0eW�{����{R�ų����L�W��[a0?��s� �17[s:f��L.K�d�ӜJ$��y�f�@�� Q. answerJulius Caesar - Act One - Scene One What is the setting of the first scene? How does Cassius feel about the Roman people now? 2 Answers. 3) Describe Caesar's encounter wit the soothsayer? "ides" represents which day of the month? The tribunes are angry that the... 2) What holiday are the Roman masses celebrating at the time of Caesar's return? 30 seconds . What pun does Shakespeare make on the word cobbler? How does Brutus respond to Cssius's ideas? Answer- yawned. stream ���JVV�Xȋ��:�9��L�ύU�I4�9�.�6�~�…c�>��m���.j��8S����aXMGV��V�U�d�%��5IGR~�?�?�?�!���XÙ�'�e�����A��\D�FUr���M�4��_$��Ў0*L�`P ���1qӓ��qY�R�C2UE)�>QRBUe3����5���m���f���V�1V��#m7DK92ݧ�(Y��(�(D�t�)�۹�tn���4 ����u�?�H�ÍV��*��h���Ěh�VjؑG���E-�}�{Y�PU9)=���eU=#_mgQ���G�5�8,DI|�����z�~(pߺ�s������s��Q��i;? They think the people change their minds too much. 3) Why does Brutus allow Antony to speak at Caesar’s funeral? They are celebrating Caesar's victory and return. 20th. CAESAR ‘Nor heaven nor earth have been at peace to-night: Thrice hath Calpurnia in her sleep cried out, ‘Help, ho! Played 268 times. The act was led by Gaius Cassius Longinus, Decimus Junius Brutus Albinus, and Marcus Junius... Read More. Beware the Ides of March (March 15). Julius Caesar-Act 1 DRAFT. SURVEY . 3. Touch Calpurnia so she will be able to have a baby (shake off the sterile curse). Q. 3 years ago. Where To Download Julius Caesar Act 1 Questions Answers Julius Caesar Act 1 Questions Answers When somebody should go to the book stores, search initiation by shop, shelf by shelf, it is essentially problematic. 1. MULTIPLE CHOICE STUDY GUIDE/QUIZ QUESTIONS - Julius Caesar. It was harder for him to refuse it each time. by rmoulton. endobj Julius Caesar - Act One - Scene One What important information about the political and social atmosphere does Shakespeare provide us in the first scene?