It’s a neat feature which, once again, makes innovative use of the camera’s 4k resolution to make life easier, particularly if you need a super-smooth panning shot, but don’t have a suitable tripod. Above left: 100% crop, 4.3-129mm at 129mm, 1/25, 80 ISO, OIS off. Disappointment of the year , really Tony? Download the original file (Registered members of Vimeo only) I balanced the TZ80 / ZS60 on a menu (hence the slight wobble) and positioned my pint in the foreground. So while the new TZ100 / ZS100 with its larger 1in sensor may steal the headlines, not to mention the low-light performance, the TZ80 / ZS60 quietly updates its already capable predecessor to become the most powerful 30x pocket super-zoom around. The HYBRID O.I.S. Although you wouldn’t know to look at it, the major change on the TZ80 / Z60’s rear panel is of course the touch-screen. The Lumix TZ80 / ZS60 has four focus modes, 1-Area, 49-Area, Tracking and Face / Eye Detection. Enter your screen size (diagonal) My screen size is inches. All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Digital Photography Review All Rights Reserved. If the TZ80 / ZS60 can autofocus it will do it quickly and without the back and forth that sometimes occurs with contrast detect only AF. Max. On the Lumix TZ80 / ZS60 you can record in PASM exposure modes, selected either from the video menu or by tapping the exposure mode icon in the top left of the screen when the mode dial is in the movie position. In the image below, the 4k coverage is indicated by the outer edge of the red frame, resulting in a not insignificant reduction in the field of view; indeed when filming 4k video, the equivalent range is cropped from 24-720mm to 33-990mm – good news at the long-end, but you lose quite a bit of coverage at the wide-end. You can configure the app to provide shortcuts to two or three of your most used services which could include Dropbox and Instagram in addition to the more usual suspects. Above: Here’s the Lumix TZ80 / ZS60’s 4k Live Edit mode in action. You can simply tap the screen to select the focus point. Panasonic’s previous strategy with the TZ / ZS series was to maintain the same optical specifications across two generations. Switch to AVCHD format and the options are 1080p50/60 at 28Mbit/s, 1080i50/60 at 17Mbit/s (from 50p sensor output) or 24Mbit/s (from 25p sensor output). You can also set the app to make a GPS log for subsequent syncing and tagging, create a snap movie, or photo collage. Contrast detect AF systems also find it difficult to know when the optimum focus point is reached, so they often go past the best focus position before returning to it. If you want to know more about how you can use the Post Focus feature take a look at my Lumix FZ330 / FZ300 review where I cover it in a little more depth. With a maximum optical focal length of 720mm on a body with a minimal grip, it’s very important to have effective image stabilisation. It features an 18 MP high-sensitivity MOS sensor that delivers clear images and 4K Ultra HD videos. The reduced dimensions of this device will allow you to do so, especially as the viewfinder is not a protruding one, as it happens with other camera models. Announced at this year's CES, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ80 (also known as the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60) features a 30x optical zoom (24-720mm equivalent) and is a replacement for last year's TZ70. Should I buy a new Pen F or a new OMD EM-1 Mk III? When you see an image you like, just tap it and the Lumix Image app will let you save the original to your device or start uploading it to one of the social, sharing or storage services installed on your device.