The unprecedented resolution of the SL2’s CMOS image sensor in full-frame format results in an unparalleled level of detail rendition and image quality. Japanese Date: 06/2020 Format: PDF (305.94 kB) Download . Read our full Privacy Policy here. It will be available from November 21st, 2019 for $5,995. Being separated from the photo-modes also means that that important settings such as ISO, shooting assistants, image style settings, are entirely independent of photo mode. Leica FOTOS connects your camera seamlessly to your smartphone or iPad via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth®. It has allowed me to focus on what was behind the lens. Even when combined with Leica TL lenses, which are designed for the smaller sensor format of the Leica TL2 and CL, the SL2’s sensor still delivers an excellent image resolution of over 20 megapixels. On the other hand, Leica M10 has a 24.0MP Full frame (35.8 x 23.9 mm ) sized CMOS sensor and features Maestro II processor. The new Leica Object Detention AF ensures a fast and reliable AF. The Leica SL2 is announced and as rumored it comes in at 47MP and has an even higher res EVF than the original that comes in at 5.75 MP. Leica SL vs SL2. And if you don't like our newsletter, you can unsubscribe with a single click, the link is at the bottom of every newsletter. This in-camera method even makes image stabilization available to lenses that are not equipped with their. As one would expect, the HG-SCL6 grip offers both, extended battery life and a more comfortable grip when shooting in vertical orientation. The Leica SL2 has a 47MP full-frame sensor which is a higher resolution than the 24MP sensor found in the Leica SL, an improved LCD … The autofocus is significantly faster and allows for a virtually lag-free shutter release in any shooting situation, which is further complemented by the new Smart AF mode, which autonomously switches between focus priority and shutter release priority. The Leica SL2 Vario Bundle consists of a Leica SL2 Body and a Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90 f/2.8-4 ASPH. In addition to an array of modes and features, including face recognition, the SL2’s AF system also automatically detects whether a subject is stationary or in motion, and subsequently switches between motion and focus priority. shutter function: 1 s to 1⁄40000 s / Flash Synch: up to 1/250 s, Two-stage (1st stage: Activation of the camera electronics including autofocus and exposure metering, 2nd stage: Taking the picture), Single Continuous Low Speed (3 fps), Continuous Medium Speed (6 fps), Continuous High Speed (10 fps without AFc/ AE/WB), Continuous Super Speed (20 fps with electr. The level of detail is nothing short of stunning. Leica has announced its new L-Mount full-frame mirrorless camera. The price for the camera has been set to be $5,995. Jakub Han is a freelance filmmaker based in Vienna. Leica Camera is excited to bring the next milestone and icon in the company's long history of premium cameras - the new Leica SL2. "I was especially impressed by the camera’s video function. In this picture, the beautiful “bokeh” of the SL lens paired with the high-resolution sensor of the Leica SL2 enabled me to capture an image that I feel evokes the gentle wind that was blowing through the flowers along the railway line at the time.". Sensor Size and Resolution Comparison image of Canon R5 and Leica SL2 Cameras . The new Leica Object Detection AF, which uses 225 selectable AF areas for fast and accurate performance, ensures a fast and reliable autofocus. Finally, there are also dedicated 3.5mm jack ports for a microphone and headphones. Leica SL2. It has an okay autofocus system, and it has an okay processor. RGB color filter, UV/IR filter, no low-pass filter, Photo: DNG™ (raw data), DNG + JPG, JPG (DCF, Exif 2.31) Video: MP4: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Audio Format: 2ch 48 kHz/16 bit, AAC), MOV: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Audio Format: 2ch 48 kHz/16 bit, AC-3), DNG™: 8368 x 5584 pixels (46.7 MP) JPG: 8368 x 5584 pixels (46.7 MP), 6000 x 4000 pixels (24 MP), 4272 x 2848 pixels (12 MP), DNG™: 84.4 MB JPG: depending on resolution and image content Video: max. Leica doesn't just make classic camera designs, but also cutting-edge cameras for professional users – like the beautiful Leica SL2. The new Leica SL2 is a camera with soul. ", "The Leica SL2 has such an amazing “made in Germany” feeling. That’s when it became clear that I’d finally found a camera that produces the exact look I’m after. The Leica SL2 features a 47MP full-frame CMOS sensor with 5-axis image stabilization. Loving the new Leica SL2 and the way it allows me shoot.". Using sensor-shift stabilization technology, the SL2 features a Multishot mode to capture and compile eight separate exposures to create a single 187MP (16736 x 11168) RAW or JPEG file. Leica SL2 with Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.2. The Q2’s is strongest for Portrait (color depth), which hits a peak of 26.4 bits, the 4th-highest value we’ve measured for any se… I would normally carry a longer lens to get more zoom-in images, but I find that I don’t need to do that anymore. The app enables you to transfer images, control your Leica camera per remote, as well as to view, edit and share your pictures in several formats. It's your choice. It is priced at $995 and can be pre-ordered now, as well. It has sensor-shift image stabilization built right in, and the camera can move the sensor in order to produce 187 Megapixel images. Enormous dynamic range, a color depth of 14 bits per RGB channel and a sensitivity of up to ISO 50,000 enable outstanding image quality in all lighting conditions. I suppose the battery grip will be available at the same time. The level of detail is nothing short of stunning. It has already been four years since the German premium brand introduced its Leica SL full-frame mirrorless camera. Leica has since followed up with the beautiful Leica M10-R, a color version of the same camera but with a 40MP sensor that offers even sharper fine detail rendition than its predecessors. Catalog. Leica SL2 full-frame mirrorless camera. The ALL NEW Leica SL2 Announced. Leica SL2 has a 47.0MP Full frame (36 x 24 mm ) sized CMOS sensor and features Maestro III processor. The sensor’s design omits a low-pass filter for high degrees of sharpness and resolution. Download . Leica has since followed up with the beautiful Leica M10-R, a color version of the same camera but with a 40MP sensor that offers even sharper fine detail rendition than its predecessors. Have you worked with the original Leica SL? You could say that the SL2 doesn’t mess around, but gets the job done – all while embodying the look and soul of a Leica camera. On the back, there is a large 3.2″ 2.1m-dot touchscreen LCD with durable Gorilla glass. I was genuinely amazed at the quality of the images, which were still and sharp with no noticeable motion blur, yet still conveyed a sense of movement in the subjects. The SL2’s IP54 certification ensures an elevated weather sealing for more rugged situations, while a new option to turn off noise reduction during long exposures allows for more hands-free shooting. Another great feature is a high resolution electronic viewfinder – the Leica SL2 includes a new 5.76m-dot EyeRes OLED EVF with 0.78x configurable viewing magnification, along with 120 fps refresh rate, 0.005 sec lag, and 10,000:1 contrast ratio. The Leica SL2 and the Nikon Z7 are two enthusiast cameras that were announced, respectively, in November 2019 and August 2018. Below you can see the R5 and SL2 sensor size comparison. "Extra megapixels allow for better cropping even when carrying a single lens — which in my case is a Leica Summicron-SL 50mm lens. The Leica SL2 is a full-frame mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera released by Leica Camera on 6 November 2019. Get the app and visit fotosapp.leica-camera.com, "Continuous shooting and subject-tracking capabilities are also necessary to successfully capture fast-moving subjects such as high-speed trains. The SL2 seems to be a capable video camera with its 5K (4992 x 3744) 10-bit color depth video recording. Source: Leica. A fusion in which two systems with their own soul merge together. The sensor features a 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization system, which minimizes the appearance of camera shakes when shooting handheld. Less worry about the weather and environmental situations means photographers can focus more on getting the shot. shutter function without AFc/AE/WB), Interval Shooting, Exposure Bracketing, Multishot, Generates 2 DNGs: 1x 47 MP, 1x 187 MP (8 pictures are combined into one high-res image), Automatic (Autofocus in modes iAF/AFs/AFc/Touch AF) or manual. 5 axis Body Image Stabilization. Comparison of Leica SL2 (47.3MP) and Leica M10 (Typ 3656) (24MP) on sensor size (43.27mm diagonals), pixel pitch, pixel density and more. Camera stabilizes up to 5.5 stops. I have to say, this has been quite a developmental leap. Definitely a premium product. The high-speed recording modes sound impressive as well – with UHD 4K60 (with 30 fps playback, 2x slow motion), and Full HD 180 fps (with 30 fps playback, 6x slow motion). The Leica SL2 is a perfect hybrid platform for both stills and video, now recording 4K across the full sensor. Sensor size. The fact that there is no noticeable time delay effectively closes this gap with single-lens reflex cameras.". 4:2:2 or 4:2:0, and which one in which mode? The Leica SL (Typ 601) and the Leica SL2 are two enthusiast cameras that were announced, respectively, in October 2015 and November 2019. ", "Using my M optics with the SL2 is a unique experience. We will update the article once we get this information. file size: 96 GB, Video mode: P - A - S – M / Cine mode: M, MOV 5K: 29.97 fps, 25 fps, 23.98 fps / MOV C4K: 59.94 fps, 50 fps, 29.97 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps / MOV 4K: 59.94 fps, 50, 8/10 bit for recordings on SD card, 10 bit via HDMI output, Resolution: 5,760,000 dots, 120 fps, magnification: 0.78x, aspect ratio: 4:3, frame coverage: 100%, exit pupil position: 21 mm, setting range +2/-4 diopters, with eye sensor for automatic switchover between viewfinder and LCD panel, time delay 0.005 s, 3.2“ (backlight LED) with anti-fingerprint and anti-scratch coating, 2,100,000 pixels (dots), format 3:2, touch control available, 1.28“ highly reflective trans-reflective monochrome LCD, 128 x 128 pixels, viewing angle 120°; anti-fingerprint coating, Electronically controlled focal plane shutter/electronic shutter, Mech. Just looking through the viewfinder will give the photographer a complete and accurate “live” preview of the scene as it will be captured. So while it excels in many places, it only reaches just shy of par for the course in others. In addition, the Leica SL2 is strengthened with 47 MP resolution full-frame image sensor, Maestro III processor, enhanced electronic viewfinder (EVF), superior video capabilities and e.c.t. Specs and Photos… PRE ORDER THE LEICA SL2 AT B&H PHOTO HERE. The biggest one for me was the in-camera image stabilization function, which I never thought I’d see in a Leica camera. shutter: 30 min to 1⁄8000 s / Electr. The newly announced Leica SL2 promises to bring even more video-oriented features. Compared to 2015, however, thanks to the L-mount alliance, there are now much more affordable native lens choices from SIGMA and Panasonic. The sales price of the SL2 Vario Bundle is $10,795 which represents a savings of $695 when components are purchased separately. The Leica SL2 Offers really excellent video facilities; Video Gamma: Rec. At 30 fps, the SL2 is … "The Leica SL2 is full of pleasant surprises. cinema5D GmbH, Kranzgasse 22/9-10, A-1150 Vienna, Austria, CineD’s Mirrorless Cameras of the Year 2020, Hollyland Lark 150 - Dual Wireless Audio System Announced, Atomos Ninja V Now Supports ProRes RAW for Olympus OM-D E-M1X and OM-D E-M1 Mark III, Renderro – Cloud Workplace for Filmmakers, Designers, and Animators, MZed Course Review – The Art & Technique of Film Editing with Tom Cross, Panasonic LUMIX BGH1 First Look Review & Mini Documentary, Astera NYX Review - The Quest for the Perfect Cinema Lightbulb, DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p, UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p, Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p/180p. The SL2 is actually the only mirrorless camera designed and manufactured in Germany. The camera features a high-resolution EVF, full-size HDMI port, two 3.5mm jack ports for headphones and microphone, and an all-metal magnesium body. He is interested in new tech and trends in filmmaking and passionate about action sports and short documentaries. Its resolution is independent of the selected aspect ratio (3:2, 4:3, 16:9) and allows even more detail in each image. We can really see that filmmakers are a very important segment for Leica. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS app (iOS and Android) for wireless file transferring and remote camera control. The SL2 has the ability to shoot video in 4k resolution at 60 fps using the full sensor size, making it comparable to top-of-the-line cinema equipment and allowing you to screen footage at maximum resolution even on the biggest movie screens. It goes further with 4K video up to 60 fps, a cropped 5K mode, built-in 3.5mm headphone and mic jacks and 10-bit quality direct to card. "As an action-sports photographer, running out of buffer memory has always been my greatest problem. It brings some excellent features, but most of them are available elsewhere at a much more affordable price. Leica SL2’S body made of magnesium. This has basically opened up a whole new creative path for me, by allowing me to present my images in the form of moving pictures. Leica claims that the new SL2 offers a 14-stop Dynamic Range. Both in terms of operating speed and workflow, the SL2 is definitely the perfect camera for me.". Leica SL2’s durable, weather-sealed magnesium-alloy all-metal body is splash-, dust-, and freeze-proof with an IP54 certification. It can already be pre-ordered now. The new Maestro III processor facilitates a superior operating speed that shines in many aspects of the SL2’s performance. Along with the launch of the Leica SL2 camera, the German camera manufacturer also announced a new battery grip for this camera. A unique user interface, separated for photo and video functions, simple and intuitive to allow the photographer to focus on picture taking and live an unparalleled experience, developed through feedbacks of customers and professional photographers worldwide. MOV files for all formats, MP4 for 4K and Full HD . The grip’s design maintains the same layout, fit, and finish as the camera body itself for seamless use, and incorporates a secondary shutter button and control dials. by Jaron Schneider| Posted: 11/06/2019 The Leica SL2 is a good camera. LEICA SL2. The SL2 is the only mirrorless camera designed and crafted in Germany, with an unmatched all metal solid construction and elegant leather wrap to withstand the time and deliver years of photographic pleasure, thanks to the sustainability guaranteed by consistent firmware updates. But while the Leic… Both the SL2 and the Z7 are mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras that are equipped with a full frame sensor. The Maestro III processor feels infinitely faster than its predecessor. Source: Leica. On a creative level, the SL2 has no limits, it allows me to work with different crops and formats, which are fundamental in my photography when it comes to creating the visual narrative of the projects that I photograph. Canon R5 and Leica SL2 have sensor sizes so they will provide same level of control over the depth of field when used with same focal length and aperture. It is the best quality I’ve come across in photographic equipment from the glass, the metal to the leather. We only send updates about our most relevant articles. Another change coming from the typ 601 is the 3-button layout on the back of the camera. Last but not least, on the top there is a 1.28″ top status LCD, which can be used for quick recognition of shooting settings – even when the camera is powered off. With it’s 4k on full-frame and up to 60fps, the SL2 can perform exceptionally demanding video production tasks. The SL2 features a 47.3MP sensor which I understand is a modified version of the device first seen in the Leica Q2. Crafted with conscience. length: 29 min, max. The lens mount is Leica’s L bayonet, and perhaps because direct comparisons with Panasonic’s Lumix S1R are inevitable, Leica is keen to stress why the SL2 is different and costs quite a … This now … Full-resolution recordings of consecutive images are possible at 10 frames per second with the focal plane shutter, and 20 frames per second with the electronic shutter. Both the SL and the SL2 are mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras that are equipped with a full frame sensor. The Leica SL2 is a camera that comes from a way of doing and understanding that encourages many values. It seems the video capabilities are still a mystery. A £5300 (body only) SL2 is perhaps even more niche. The ISO range is 50-50,000. The Leica SL2 is a new mirrroless camera for professionals, offering a 47 megapixel full-frame sensor, 4K/60p video recording, 20fps burst shooting, a class-leading EVF, fast auto-focusing and a 3.2-inch touchscreen. Leica doesn't just make classic camera designs, but also cutting-edge cameras for professional users – like the beautiful Leica SL2. Jakub has over 7 years of experience with camera work and post-production. Leica SL2. The Leica SL2 also outputs video signal (in DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) 10-bit up to 59.94p) over its full-size HDMI port, so using an external monitor or recording to an optional external recorder is possible. The SL has a resolution of 24 megapixels, whereas the SL2 provides 46.7 MP. Not just by the different recording formats, but also by the frame-rate capacity of 180 fps in Full HD. The camera offers dual UHS-II-compatible SD card slots. With manual setting: Auto Magnification and Focus Peaking optionally available as focus aids, Based on contrast metering and depth mapping, Smart AF (autonomously selects AFs and AFc), AFs (picture taken only after successful focusing), AFc (picture can be taken at any time), AF setting can be saved, Spot (can be shifted), Field (can be shifted), Multi-Field, Zone, Face detection, object Tracking, optional Touch AF, TTL (‚Through The Lens‘ exposure metering), Automatic program (P), Aperture priority (A): manual aperture setting, Shutter priority mode (S): manual shutter speed setting Manual (M): manual setting for shutter speed and aperture, ±3 EV in 1⁄3 EV increments or 1/2 EV increments, 3 or 5 exposures, up to ±3 EV, in 1⁄3 EV increments Shift function: up to ±3 EV, Auto ISO: ISO 100 to ISO 50000, Manual: ISO 50 to ISO 50000, Automatic (Auto), Daylight 5200 K, Cloudy 6000 K, Shadow 7000 K, Tungsten 3200 K, HMI 5600 K, Fluorescent Warm 4000 K, Fluorescent Cold 4500 K, Flash 5400 K, Gray Card Live View, Gray Card, Color Temperature 2000 K to 11500 K, Flash : 1⁄2 50 s, slower shutter speeds available, automatic changeover to TTL linear flash mode with HSS-compatible Leica flash units if sync time is undercut, Using center-weighted TTL pre-flash metering with Leica flash units (SF 26, 40, 40MkII, 58, 60, 64) or with systemcompatible flash units, flash remote control SF C1, SF 40: ±2 EV in 1⁄2 EV increments, SF 60: ±2 EV in 1⁄3 EV increments, Stereo internal + microphone input 3.5 mm stereo jack, Mono internal + headphones output 3.5 mm stereo jack, The Leica FOTOS app is required to use the WLAN function. What do you think of the new Leica SL2? Leica has announced its new L-Mount full-frame mirrorless camera. The BP-SCL4 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated for approximately 370 shots per charge when working with the rear monitor. Leica SL2 Features. 4 GB: DNG™: 78 recordings / JPG: > 100 recordings, UHS-II (recommended), UHS-I, SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. It goes further with 4K video up to 60 fps, a cropped 5K mode, built-in 3.5mm headphone and mic jacks and 10-bit quality direct to card. The only mirrorless full format system camera designed and crafted in Germany, next to the Leica M, with an unmatched all metal solid construction and elegant leather wrap to withstand the time and deliver years of photographic pleasure, thanks to the sustainability guaranteed by consistent firmware updates. This is suitable for static subjects and when working on a tripod. I was very pleased with the rich detail and expressive power of “The Akita Shinkansen”, a shot that beautifully captures the striking shape of the train passing through the city as the sun was setting in the autumn sky. We can assume, as previously, that this sensor is tuned to work well with manual M lenses, something which competing manufacturers do not feel obliged to consider. It accepts one additional BP-SCL4 battery to effectively double the overall battery life. For the SL2, there was a template to be followed. The Leica SL2 features a 47MP full-frame CMOS sensor with 5-axis image stabilization. With the help of the sensor-shift technology used in the SL2, the tripod-mounted camera can record up to eight consecutive frames, whereby the sensor is shifted in half-pixel increments in between every exposure. The camera has 47 MP full frame CMOS Maestro III sensor with sensor-shift image stabilization built into the camera. Catalog. Processor Leica Maestro series (Maestro III) File Formats 370 recordings (based on CIPA standard, without EVF); charging time: approx. The Leica SL2 is the natural evolution of the innovative Leica SL, serving as a groundbreaking embrace of the future of digital photography and videography. "The Leica SL2 boasts a full-frame sensor that is packed with an astounding 47.3 million effective pixels, making it the first camera which I felt does full justice to the quality of the SL-lens. Leica SL2's sensor provides 23MP more than Leica M10's sensor, which gives a significant advantage in real life. The SL2 is, next to the Leica M, the only mirrorless full format system camera designed and crafted in Germany, and is a technical marvel of pure performance and unmatched build quality. The buttons recall the M10 and Q2 functional design, so for those like me that also owns other Leica cameras is far more comfortable getting them in the same spots, the complete mastery of the equipment is something that imparts serenity to the subject portrayed.". Still, if you want the best of the best and can afford the premium that the red dot attracts, it’s worth considering. Time consuming settings in sub-menus are avoided - meaning that the camera is correctly configured and ready to shoot at all times. "Because I do so much traveling and I’m always on the go, I need a camera that is fundamentally solid. L-log available in all above mentioned modes? Installation instructions for Leica SL2 - Firmware 2.0. The 24-by-36mm 135 film format, which set the template for the size and shape of digital full-frame sensors, was invented by Leica, after all. There is a “Cine mode”, which (when activated) transforms the SL2 into a manually controlled cine camera as ISO becomes ASA, the shutter speed is marked in degrees on the rotary disk shutter, and the f-stops indicating the aperture ratio are replaced by T-stops, which measure the actual amount of light transmitted through the lens. Thanks to two UHS-II-compatible SD card slots, raw files can be saved simultaneously in DNG and JPEG format. © 2020 All rights reserved. Filter RGB color filter, UV/IR filter, no low-pass filter. No spam, guaranteed! It feels good to use, it takes really good pictures, it has some really nice touches to both the physical design and the menu, and it has access to just a ton of lenses from the entire Leica library. The Leica SL2 is a 47 Megapixel full-frame camera that uses the L-mount that the company co-developed with Panasonic and Sigma. In how it is manufactured, how simple it is, how it looks in its appearance, in its shape and in what is inside this camera. Additionally the in-body stabilization is a godsend especially when shooting in low-light. The SL series is perfect for such adventures because of its robust construction.". This new creation is a modern day version of the classic SL (that I adore, it’s still my all time fave 35mm digital camera ever). 709, L-Log Rec. When it comes to speed, the SL2 is the best camera I’ve ever got my hands on. The Leica has a resolution of 46.7 megapixels, whereas the Nikon provides 45.4 MP. All of the following modes are in H.264 with 10-bit color depth, with MOV quicktime codec (UHD and Full HD are also available in MP4): The camera, unfortunately, has a recording limit – up to 29 minutes. Sensor Size CMOS sensor, pixel pitch: 4.3 microm / Fullframe (47.3 MP): 8368 x 5584 pixels / APS-C (20.2 MP): 5504 x 3664 pixels. The Leica app is available from the Apple App Store™ or the Google Play Store™. Any updates on this? There are times when I have to work in the pouring rain, or shoot in the Arctic at minus 45. Compliant with Wi-Fi IEEE802.11b/g/n, 2.4 GHz, channel 1-11 (2412-2462 MHz) and Wi-Fi IEEE802.11ac, 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz, channel 39-48 (5180-5240 MHz), channel 52-64 (5260-5320 MHz), channel 100-140 (5500-5700 MHz) (standard WLAN protocol), encryption method: WLAN-compatible WPA™/WPA2™, Bluetooth v4.2 (Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)), 2402 to 2480 MHz, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, rated voltage: 7.2 V (DC); capacity: 1860 mAh (min. The Leica D-Lux 7 is equipped with a completely newly developed sensor with 17 megapixels. The list of internal recording modes looks impressive, too. “The Leica SL2 has given me a lot of ease, a lot of simplicity. This key feature results in images with an incredible quadrupled resolution of around 187 megapixels, leading to an extreme increase in detail resolution. All formats support frame rates of 29.97p, 25p and 23.98p to cover PAL and NTSC. It goes further with 4K video up to 60 fps, a cropped 5K mode, built-in 3.5mm headphone and mic jacks and 10-bit quality direct to card. The new Leica SL2 features a 47.3MP 3:2 full-frame CMOS sensor and Maestro III image processor, which enables up to 20 fps continuous stills shooting with an electronic shutter, 10 fps with a mechanical shutter, and 6 fps with a mechanical shutter and AF-C, for up to 78 consecutive DNG files with a color depth of 14 bits per RGB channel. The frame rate of the Leica SL2 has also been greatly increased. It can combine 8 frames to produce a 187MP file. With no loss of image quality, the Leica SL2’s in-body shake correction is definitely a very welcome addition! Leica HG-SCL6 battery grip. Let’s take a look! I recently shot a film in L log and sent the files to our color grader in Germany, who masters all of our video files. We always use double opt-in, so please confirm your subscription by clicking on the link you will receive in an email after you hit "sign up". Our Leica SL review and Lab test articles from 2015 are a good reminder of its video capabilities. Leica L bayonet with contact strip for communication between lens and camera, ISO accessory shoe with additional control contacts, HDMI jack 2.0b Type A, USB 3.1 Gen1 Type C, Audio-Out 3.5 mm/ Audio-In 3.5 mm, communication interface in the base cover for multifunction hand grip, A 1⁄4 DIN 4503 (1⁄4”) with stainless steel in the base, CMOS sensor, pixel pitch: 4.3 μm / Fullframe (47.3 MP): 8368 x 5584 pixels / APS-C (20.2 MP): 5504 x 3664 pixels. I tend to shoot wide open at f2 and with a 3-stop ND filter, I get an amazing look from the camera during the day time shooting. The improved EyeRes® EVF matches an outstanding 5.76MP panel with an eyepiece built with finest metal and glass and the tightest mechanical and optical tolerances to deliver an unmatched viewing experience, and allow the easiest composition of the image. The camera uses the Leica L-Mount lenses range and is part of the L-Mount Alliance of camera bodies that Leica co-developed with Panasonic and Sigma.. Then, what are the new Leica SL2’s features? Leica SL2. ", In a major evolution of the SL, the Leica SL2 features a suspended sensor which adjusts its position in order to quickly and efficiently compensate for camera shake.