This is one of the highest quality battery powered chainsaws on the market, and just operating this chainsaw was a pleasure to use. gas chainsaw rentals are perfect for cutting down small trees, medium-sized limbs and brush. Big jobs call for plenty of power. Certain images that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. It can handle those smaller tasks very well, while brave enough to tackle the slightly harder tasks. The fact you can get it in 3 different sizes is something that I like personally, as I have said having more options is great. 1-16 of 154 results for "makita chainsaw" Skip to main search results Eligible for Free Shipping. While I was thinking this the company made strides making some quality cheaper tools, including this chainsaw. The Makita UC4051A is an electric chainsaw with a 16 inch bar and a chain speed of 2,900 feet per minute. The second issue is when you’re cutting and the oiling hole can get clogged with the dust. The EA4300FRDB is a best-in-class mid-sized chain saw engineered with professional features. Get it as soon as Fri, Dec 4. So it’s essential to have all the tools you need when camping. It comes with a 16” saw chain, a 16” guide bar and an 18” chain cover. The Husqvarna 460 20-Inch gas chain saw and Tanaka 14-Inch gas chain saw are all simple to use. Makita XCU04 18V X2 16-Inch Battery Chainsaw | Pro Tool Reviews So you won’t have to wait weeks or even months for parts to get shipped in. One of the most reliable and trustworthy brands in the field. DWYM is your trusted product review source. Which is a significantly better battery in my opinion. For its price it is a great chainsaw, that doesn’t cut back on quality as much as I was expecting. The biggest drawback is when you do have an issue, finding replacement parts can be difficult. Additional features include a fleece air filter with a two-piece cover that opens simply by turning a knob for true tool-less access, as well as a single choke/run/touch stop switch engineered for added convenience over common two-switch designs. Huge selection of Makita Gas Chain Saws. The Makita is easily one of the best electric chainsaws on the market in my opinion. There is a huge advantage to going with a brand like Husqvarna; that is if it does ever breakdown, there is a good chance that there is a Husqvarna partnered mechanic to fix it. So if you have another Greenworks tool that uses the same type of battery, you can save yourself some money and get the chainsaw without the battery. If you plan to cut down large trees, you’ll want to stick with the Husqvarna 460 20-Inch gas chain saw since it specializes in those jobs. Camping is one of Americans favorite past time activities. The 16 inch chainsaw market is one of the most competitive chainsaws markets there are. While it isn’t the most feature packed it was just a joy to operate this chainsaw, which does make work feel like less of a chore. But it is its tool-less tension system, and a bar tightening knob which I find very useful. 7 possible causes and potential solutions . Over all it just felt the best while operating and is backed by one of the biggest names in the business. Which says something about the brand, tools and the quality of equipment. This guide bar can vary in length from one chain saw to the next, so make sure you find the setup that’s comfortable for you. Unlike common spring-aided starters that make slight improvements in pull-force, Makita’s easy-start feature combines spring-aided engineering with a new low spark ignition coil that includes Memory-Power-Ignition (MPI) technology. I hope you love the products I've recommended below, just a heads up that as an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Even if you’re on a small lot, chain saws can come in handy for DIY building projects. A leader in power tool technology for the professional. Occasionally you’ll need to perform maintenance on your chain saw, so it’s important to pay close attention to what you’ll have to do to keep it in working order. Which is a decent amount of horse power for such a small engine. Ending Nov 30 at 9:14AM PST 2d 11h. The chain that comes on this saw is of very high quality, that on it’s very first day cutting. Other gas chain saws are more than 6 pounds heavier, which could make them trickier to maneuver. Depending on what tasks you need to do, might mean you can save yourself some money and possibly go for a smaller chainsaw. In addition to the price of the chain saw itself, you should also consider fuel efficiency. Considering this chainsaw only weighs around 13 lbs that is a lot of power for such a small unit. And having the bar tightening knob is only a small quality improvement, but it is this small attention to details which sets Dewalt apart from the crowd. When looking for a new 16 inch chainsaw or any chainsaw for that matter, there are a few things to consider. Required fields are marked *. In many cases, this means you’ll have to spend more. Makita 16 In. This is a question you will need to ask yourself, and work out what you need to cut. The Remington and WORX are both great budget chainsaws that will do more then there price point would make you think. If you have no experience and you’re close to a power source, I would consider an electric chainsaw. Anything that gives you options is good in my books. The big advantage to an electric chainsaw is that they’re easier to start, and they require less maintenance then a gas chainsaw. Only 3 left in stock - order soon. I highly recommend spending the extra bucks on the Husqvarna as it’s hands down the best. Different design features on the chainsaw makes it stand out. There is a very simple reason for this, and that is a 16 inch chainsaw is the perfect size for most small jobs around the home. Ask a Question. Amazon. If you own a decent amount of land, a chain saw can come in handy. Job size is an important factor in every aspect when you’re choosing a chain saw. A perfect chainsaw needs to be comfy to use, practical in performance, and deliver sufficient power for your woodworking jobs. Makita-built outer rotor BL Brushless motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency Equivalent to a 32cc gas chain saw; Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3, 940 FPM) For improved cutting performance “Tool-less” chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance. I have used the Makita cordless chainsaw, and I will confidently say that it matches all these requirements. But if I had to pick a favorite it would have to go with the Husqvarna, which is purely personal preference, with the Makita a very close second. So finding the best can be time consuming, and not everyone has hours to read several thousand word reviews. 35Cc Gas Rear Handle Chainsaw Compact Antivibration Chain Brake. While it’s not as powerful as something like the Stihl MS 251, it still has plenty of power under the “hood”. Makita 16 in. ... Makita UC4051A 16 inch Electric Chainsaw. This can make the the chain run dry which is bad, so it something you need to pay attention to. 80+ stores nationwide & access to over 60,000 Tools online. It roughly weighs around 12 lbs which isn’t too heavy to carry around while cutting tree limbs. COPYRIGHT © THE E.W. All of the chainsaws on this list are worth looking at if you’re looking for a new chainsaw. More people are relying on chainsaws now more than ever. While the upfront cost is high for a beginner, the current limiter is very invaluable and can save you money in the long run. I will never buy a battery chainsaw. I really liked how fuel efficient this engine was, and being able to get 2 hours from one tank was great. While I like the automatic chain system of the WORX, being tool-less is also very useful. They could still make both. The 440E chainsaw is no different, it is one of the best chainsaws out there. Every Tool, Every Trade. I would recommend using ethanol free fuel to help save the carburetor, which is something you should do with all quality gas chainsaws. But why buy a 16 inch saw when there’s plenty of 18 inch chainsaws readily available?. If you only need to do some light trimming and pruning then most likely you could go with something smaller. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. While this doesn’t sound like much to some, after several hours use your hands will thank you. So getting a chainsaw that has an 16 inch bar, and then getting a separate 10 or 18 inch bar can save you some money. This not only keeps your gas cost low, but it also is better for the environment. Less chance of killing the motor. If you’re not pushing the saw to hard you will be able to get about 4 hours use, which should be plenty of time for a lot of people. Makita chainsaws can be found for sale throughout the world, you need only look in any leading hardware store, or online, to find one. Using this chainsaw I was able to cut down a 20 inch white oak tree, which was impressive for a 16 inch chainsaw. You can cut down damaged trees and clear away old shrubs in a matter of minutes. Makita Gas Chainsaw Review ... With the Makita UC4051A 16″ electric chainsaw you enjoy tool less blade and chain adjustments. Safety is always a consideration when working with power tools. This is something you will need to work out before you begin your search. Makita is meeting the demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18-Volt X 2 LXT (36-Volt) Brushless Chain Saw. A key point of difference is the industrial 2-sided magnesium (not aluminum) crank case for less weight and added durability. With the Husqvarna 460 20-Inch gas chain saw, you may find maintenance tricky unless you’re mechanically inclined. When this happens, you’ll have to let it rest for several minutes before you can start it back up again. Having a self sharpening system may not be worth the extra, if you know how to sharpen it yourself. These are only small features which could save you money down the track. Buy Gas Makita Chainsaw Direct and save. While this isn’t the most feature packed chainsaw on this list, it is one of the most reliable and powerful chainsaws on this list. Power King Log Splitter Reviews – Fastest Log Splitters? Makita are usually known for there battery tools, so I was really looking forward to trying there electric effort, and I will say I was impressed. Also featuring a heavy-duty cartridge air filter system which extends the life of the filter itself. The EA4300FRDB is a best-in-class mid-sized chain saw engineered with professional features. We looked at the top Gas Chainsaws and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. In addition, MPI stores energy from pulling the rope and running the saw which creates a stronger spark when pulling the rope to start the engine. This chainsaw is packed with quite a few quality features. What this feature does is limit the power to the motor when it is being overloaded. Some gas chain saws have a side-access chain, making adjustments easy. 6 bids. This is really good if you don’t have a lot of experience operating chainsaws, and don’t know when to ease of the throttle. Makita UC4051A 16″ Electric Chain Saw. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. Chain Saw Kit (5 Ah) New. The first is price, it is quite expensive, but I believe it is worth the price in this case. Once you’ve decided a gas chain saw is the tool you need, there are a few other things to think about before you start shopping.