Looks like I’ll be getting fitted for a G max real soon. Read our G400 Max Driver review to find out if you are that player. Final question: did you keep the G400 in the bag, or did you switch to the Max? Bought the new ping driver G400 and G400 fairway wood on new year's eve. The forgiveness gains are attributable to the 460cc head and nearly four times the discretionary weight created by Dragonfly crown technology and a thin, forged face. The headcovers are exactly the same as the other three Ping G400 drivers – standard, LST and SFT. World Handicap System explained: What does a day's golf look like? I don’t know what kind of price differences you’re looking at, nor your budget, so I can’t say how much those improvements are worth. Designed by WPZOOM. For more information on the standard Ping G400 Driver, check out the G400 Expert Review from last year by Bob Gomavitz. It’s a driver I love and know works well for me – in my opinion it’s the best driver Ping have made to date. The dispersion looks a bit wayward but that’s down to me failing to pick out a consistent target line at the driving range as much as anything. Ping G410 Plus Driver Review - Joel Tadman tests the new Ping G410 driver up against the G400 Max model to see how the performance compares Product Overview Overall rating: I am thinking the Tour 65 X flex is a good start but since you game this head and tried multiple shafts your opinion is very much appreciated. club head speed and with this club I have driven more par fours this year than in my whole life. I would agree with you. I greatly enjoy your reviews; thank you and have a great 2019. Wow! More information can be found on the Ping website. in my gamer, G400. The main difference between the G400 SFT and the G400 Max is the former has a tungsten weight in the heel and the Max has a tungsten weight right at the back of the club. With humans, that’s not universally true: https://pluggedingolf.com/are-bigger-driver-heads-easier-to-hit-golf-myths-unplugged/, Having hit 12/14 fairways yesterday with the G400, you’d think I’d leave well enough alone. Yes, I was probably making better swings than normal but I will still always strike it all over the face so I think the forgiveness levels are there for all to see. Matt, What a tough act to follow the G400 range is going to be. MSRP is $435. Sorry. Longer, straighter drives result from the highest total MOI ever in a PING driver, the function of extreme tungsten weighting and a higher-density backweight in the multi-material 460cc design. What Type of Player is Right for this Club? PING G400 Technology ... G400 Reviews G400. Does the g400 max have adjustable weights as Sign up for our weekly newsletter and not only will you get the latest reviews, instruction, and more delivered directly to your inbox, you’ll also be entered into regular giveaways for golf clubs, PGA Tour passes, and more. Average 101.0 1.48. It was great. Introduction. If he’s carrying the ball 264 with an aggressive tempo, I would agree that an X flex probably makes sense. I would suggest contacting PING directly to find the fitting schedule for their Tour Van. We followed it up with a testing session at Saadiyat Beach Golf Club in Abu Dhabi. Our in-hand review. When set next to each other, the G400 and G400 Max are virtually twins: matte black crown, Dragonfly Technology, turbulators, textured “infinity edge.”  The difference is that the G400 Max is longer from front to back.  Having stared at them next to each other, I can’t un-see the difference, but if you had handed me one then the other, I think they would be tough to tell apart. PING G400 Max Specifications and Pricing In the G400 Max driver, PING achieved its all-time high MOI measurements by optimising the crown and face design in the larger-profile, multi-material head. PING G400 Max Driver. Ping G400 SFT vs Ping G400 Max – The results So if long and straight is what you’re looking for, the G400 Max from PING might be the new driver for you. Shop Ping G400 Max Driver. I mistakenly said it didn’t record ball speed, but I meant ball spin. Yes, there is a substantial difference between the two shafts. Just released, the new Ping G400 Max driver is a better fit if you are a beginner or high handicapper. Nick Dougherty, by From generation to generation, the drivers do get a little better. The PING G400 driver lineup features three different heads. Great review. The "NEW PING G400 MAX DRIVER FULL REVIEW - RICK SHIELS" video is part of the Bets Golf Drivers and reviews in 2018 category, which contains similar videos like … G400. I have a new baby daughter so I am on a bit of a budget, but as this is an investment I am open to the higher cost. I had been using a Callaway V series for 4 years which had a lightweight shaft. This driver has exceeded my expectations based on the review #SecretGiveway, I bought the G400 Max this year 9* loft Ping tour 65 stiff what a club I was always fairly long especially for my age 66 but the forgiveness and consistency is what sets it apart. Ping G400 Max Driver Review. All Rights Reserved.. There are no adjustable weights on any of the PING G400 drivers, though it’s possible that the set weight could be changed by PING. The PING G400 Max driver is the most forgiving of the of the new PING G400 driver lineup. What that does in practice is takes your shots from the edges of the face and gives them long rides down the fairway.  I was particularly impressed with shots low on the face.  Usually, that’s the absolute worst miss: low launch, high spin, ball goes nowhere.  With the G400 Max, the bottom groove still translated into a 250 yard drive. I hit every club available at the PGA Show, and was fitted by the Taylor Made and Ping techs for the M3 and G400 Max, respectively. The Fujikura VENTUS Black is a great choice, too. Matt These numbers are arguably my best-ever with a driver so that makes me very excited by this product. One of the interesting things about the G400 Max is that there’s minimal audio feedback on mishits, but I could always feel mishits in my hands.  This is a unique trait among super forgiving drivers.  Typically, forgiving drivers make shots all over the face feel the same.  The G400 Max gives me a precise sense of where the ball struck the face. The sum total of the enhanced design yields a clubhead with combined MOI over 9000 (9263 to be exact), which PING says makes the G400 the most forgiving driver on the market (by plenty) despite its 445cc footprint. Average Stats attack 0.3 , launch 10.8 , face -3 , speed 108 , ball 160 SF 1.49 carry 264 total 285 spin 2985 . The sum total of the enhanced design yields a clubhead with combined MOI over 9000 (9263 to be exact), which PING says makes the G400 the most forgiving driver on the market (by plenty) despite its 445cc footprint. Model G400MAX with 8 grams of hot melt in toe I would recommend working with a fitter to find a shaft that launches optimally for you. Matt, thanks for your reply. This version will appeal most to players looking for added forgiveness or a tighter dispersion from their driver. They are short par fours 275 yards all the way up to a 330 yarder that was downwind and summer fairways but actually on the greens not just pin high but putting on the green. But when tested they found that not only was it forgiving but it spun lower and went longer, probably than expected. It was 20yrds longer then my G30, straighter and almost identical Trackman #s you posted. Currently, G400 drivers are listed at $249 while G410 Max are selling at $399. They had a demo day at our club today and I hit both the g400 and the G400 max. PING G400 Technology ... G400 Reviews G400. Golf clubs warned against Covid complacency, The Slam: World tour moves closer, and Casey makes Saudi U-turn, We have recently conducted a comparison video, I didn’t feel like it was quite as sweet as the G400, Abu Dhabi for a day of testing at Saadiyat Beach. I’m interested in the Max but the Cleveland is a lot less expensive and I’m looking for forgiveness above all else. Accuracy The Ping G400 Max driver offers more control and accuracy along with a slightly higher angle of attack and provides a tighter dispersion than the Ping G400 driver. The feel is not as rocket-like as G400 but after I get it fitted with the correct weights in the head (more head balance) and possibly some hot melt for sound, I hope it’s a tighter dispersion G400. The difference was distance. P.O. Thank you Ping. Good point. By the time I got the Ping (4 months ago) I tested all the G410 and the G400 Max. I switched to the Max. My spin ranged from 1200 to 2000 with either. tempo agressive miss hook left . Interesting comments. Aimed At This driver is aimed at golfers who want to find more fairways off the tee. Ping say the CG position is lower and farther back than any current driver on the market which makes it the most forgiving driver in golf – surpassing their current G400 driver. Both of those options, however, will be significantly more expensive. At least that’s my opinion. The PING G400 Max driver is a 460cc version of the G400 driver.  Nearly identical look and feel but even higher MOI and forgiveness. There was a 15 to 20 yard difference between my M2 and the G max with a nice high draw. With a good swing, I have gained 10-15 yards with tighter dispersion. I’ve had an on-off relationship with the G400 in terms of dispersion. Unless you are someone that seldom hits the center of the face, the G400 and especially the LST is better, On a robot, maybe. It was great. Reviews . Thank you Ping. G400 is only one product cycle behind G410, and one of the most forgiving driver I ever hit was the G400 Max. Profile of PING Staff player Tony Finau. It also has a silver, rather than a black face which seems to give the impression of presenting more loft at the address position. They will say that this driver is meant for slower swing speeds, but the reality is that this driver seems to be fitting almost everyone. Copyright © 2020 Plugged In Golf. I think I should invest in X stiff shaft . By the time I got the Ping (4 months ago) I tested all the G410 and the G400 Max. G400. Just had an outdoor driver fitting with Adam and Ping Tour Van. These are very impressive numbers. So it looks like you are hitting the Max a good 10 yards longer than the other Ping 400 series drivers. I hadn’t intended to buy a driver, and never have owned any Ping product. Throttle back, Ping, and respect your loyal customers. Shop Ping G400 Max Driver. It's in the top 3 bestselling golf club drivers and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Cobra Golf KING LTD or TaylorMade Women's R15.. Ping G400 is $310.57 more expensive than the average golf club driver … In the case of the new Ping G400 driver and G400 fairway woods – Ping’s follow-up to the G Series – what’s old IS new again. Accuracy The Ping G400 Max driver offers more control and accuracy along with a slightly higher angle of attack and provides a tighter dispersion than the Ping G400 driver. To see more photos of the G400 Max Driver, check out the Gratuitous Picture Thread in the MyGolfSpy Forum. Ping G400 is $310.57 more expensive than the average golf club driver … The counter balancing is a good option for the heavy head. Its high-density tungsten back weight wraps around the back of the sole to help bring the combined MOI over 9,900 – that’s about as high as is possible. Where the other heads are 445cc in size Ping have taken MAX to the 460cc limit. They all said he could try a 410 but it’s not the same. You have tested the Cobra F Max recently. On the sound, I didn’t feel like it was quite as sweet as the G400 but it was still much improved on the previous G and G30 drivers. However, the G400 Max Driver is only an upgrade for a certain type of player. (206g)Head volume: 460 ccStd. It should work well. PING G400 Max Driver. Then, without warning, PING released the G400 Max.  At a USGA-limit 460 cc, the Max takes the forgiveness to an even higher level.  Will it put my G400 into early retirement?  I tested it to find out. Mayakoba Golf Classic preview: TV times and betting tips, South African Open preview: TV times and betting tips, Golf in Dubai Championship preview: TV times and betting tips, Boom to bust? It’s not a club or fitting issue, it’s a golfer swing makeover issue. But this driver just has a bit more mass and a larger footprint to give you maximum confidence at address. I agree with Jim above. Although still only 460cc it has a larger footprint compared with the rest of the G400 range, offering maximum confidence at address while making it remarkably forgiving and super easy to hit for those that struggle off the tee. Tarn Lane, Pretty annoyed at PING for releasing this right after I bought a G400. The PING G410 Plus driver is the company’s first foray into adjustable-weight drivers. For what it’s worth, I believe that by the numbers, the G400 Max is the most forgiving driver currently available. For the difference in … Nothing beats the G400 Max, but the Epic Flash is right there with it. Our initial Ping G400 Max driver review took place at the Pete Cowen Golf Academy in Rotherham. What Type of Player is Right for this Club? On Trackman, I hit the Ping G400 Max 10-15 yards farther! Currently, G400 drivers are listed at $249 while G410 Max are selling at $399. What a surprise. 295cc The size Ping’s G30 driver (launched in 2014) would need to be shrunk down to, to be as aerodynamic as the new Ping G400 driver. Your frustration is understandable, but I think the G400 is still a good choice for the player that wants the smaller look at address. But it just didn’t fill me with as much confidence as other drivers out there. Who is fitting you (or, how can they fit you) if the launch monitor that you’re using doesn’t report ball speed or spin? “The new G400 Max is engineered with the same technology as the original G400 but we’ve optimized the size to gain even more forgiveness, which leads to tighter dispersion and lower scores. I still swing at 105 mph. The launch of the Ping G400 Max driver has been a bit different to what we are used to. PING G410 Plus Driver … The one thing the simulator doesn’t provide is ball speed, which I know is critical. I’m really pleased the Ping G400 Max driver had been launched. The Ping G400 Max was virtually the same dispersion on off center hits. Just released, the new Ping G400 Max driver is a better fit if you are a beginner or high handicapper. My numbers in a simulator with the G400 Max are similar to yours: SS around 105-107, ball speed in low 160’s, and I’m averaging 11 degrees of launch with the CB Alta 55 stiff shaft and the Max head loft at 10.5. Review: The PING G400/LST/SFT/MAX driver, which earned gold medal honors on the 2018 Golf Digest Hot List. For anyone who has read any of my previous drivers reviews, you’ll know they are all very good numbers – for me. The ping shaft is a little shorter and would like a little mite length on the drives. by Reviews . G400 Max Vs G400 LST A few differences between the Ping G400 Max and the Ping G400 LST drivers that are worth keeping in mind are given below. The best thing to do is go somewhere where you can test the different models head to head to see what fits you. AWESOME CLUB & REVIEW. The new Ping G400 Max Driver is an upgrade to Ping's G400 Driver only released just last summer. At 460cc, it offers major performance benefits that some players will find extremely appealing.