Now, we’ll be making a comparison of what similarities and differences both the G2C and the PT111 have. The long-standing Taurus PT111 Millenium G2 is a budget-priced pistol that many people are proud to call their everyday carry handgun. The rear sight height we sell is designed around the most common Taurus front sight. Please remember to bring your license along. Viridian has already developed their E-Series laser sight for the G3 that mounts along the trigger guard. Best Handgun for Beginners & Home Defense [2020], Best Laser Targets & Ammo for Dry-Fire Training [Hands-On], Black Friday & Cyber Monday Gun Deals [2020 Hand-Picked], 10 Best Shooting Ear Protection [Electronic & Passive Hands-On], 8 Best .45 ACP Pistols (That Aren't 1911s), Best AR-15 Ammo [2020]: Range & Home Defense. Get Started. On the range is where things matter though… Besides that, this is a really solid gun. Galloway Precision Product; Select Anodizing. Handgun Search; Tabletop Compare; Contribute; Contact; Taurus . Taurus is building on their successful G2c series platform by adding a new full-sized polymer-frame striker-fired pistol: the G3. A Taurus exporta para diversos países,sempre preocupada com responsabilidade social e compromisso com investidores. For my tastes though, I need aftermarket support. The Taurus G2 series pistols proved it possible to create a high-quality, reliable-performing defensive pistol not only in a compact package but also at a price nearly half that of other handguns in its class. [Review]. Keep your magazines fully loaded and after a few weeks they will feed and feel better. PS A Witness hole is useless in the dark. For me the huge downside is the lack of support in the availability of extra magazines (the 15 round flush seem scarcer than Bigfoot) and night sights. There is no questioning the popularity of the compact Taurus G2c for those who favor 9mm carry pistols. We found it easy to depress without losing our grip position, making tactical mag changes a breeze. But we do our best to approach every review with an open mind because sometimes we get taken by surprise. I remember owning a Glock 43X for quite some time before additional magazines were readily available in stores. Since the G3 trigger guard is dimensionally similar to the G2c, the E-Series laser also fits the G2c, G2s, G2, and PT111 pistols. Toss some oversized grips on them and you're good to go. Taurus announced the next generation in its G-Series handgun lineup, bringing the G3 to market as a full-size companion to the company's earlier G2c. Not exactly a clearable malfunction. Is that also the case with the G3C? Check out our full video review and then read on for more specifics! Not everyone, though, has been satisfied—at least not in the way you might think. Customary Metric . Hence, the Taurus G3—the successor to the G2. The rear sight height we sell is designed around the most common Taurus front sight. Best of all, it can be purchased for the mid- to lower $200s. Fans of the full-size 9mm pistols came to appreciate the design and engineering behind the G2, but understandably said, “Hey, what about us?”. Recently, Taurus revised the PT111 G2 and re-named it the G2C. Shot another few hundreds rounds flawlessly, carried for awhile but never really trusted it, so then switched to a P365 which has been perfect since day one. I’ve got a large safe stuffed full of some beautiful, pricey guns and am an avid believer in the axiom that you generally get what you pay for. Advanced Search Cancel Login / Join. Other than that, same gun, and with all the same features and so on. Speaking of the trigger, it’s shaped a bit differently than that of the G2c. Topping the slide are white dot front and rear sights. Taurus released its first full-size G-series pistol, the G3 9mm semi-auto, which represents the next generation in the Taurus G-series polymer-frame handguns. Whether you’re using it for self-defense purposes or every day carry, this pistol remains popular to this day as one of the top choices. It’s a compact, affordable, concealed carry weapon (CCW) with some nice improvements over its predecessor. The G3C’s grip is extra grippy, and the controls are well placed and easy to work with. The lower capacity magazines are designed to comply with laws and regulations enforced in some jurisdictions. What, though, does the PT111 Millennium G2 bring to the table? Try to find someone who has a G2C and test it. But I own a G2C and love it. It doesn’t have that awkward, bulky feel of some full-size pistols. They have a huge backlog and people have been waiting months for the Judges to be repaired. Thought it would be a cheap gun that occasionally got some use at the range, but love it so much that I shoot it at IDPA in CCP cat. But the sights are the most notable change. … Handgun fit is quite personal, as most serious shooters will attest, and firearm manufacturers work hard to develop pistols that are functionally ergonomic for that broadest range of shooters. Highlights include generous stippling patches across the grip for maximum control and retention in … The G3 continues the proven polymer-frame profile of the G2c but in a full-frame configuration. $12.99. For accuracy testing, we went through a few types of ammo, shooting round-nose and Hornady XTP bullets in 124-grain hand loads plus several 115-grain factory loads of assorted manufacturers. do Forte, 511. Couldn't agree more about 3 magazines being an excellent feature. Facing In; Back-to-Back; Facing Up; Back View; Choose View Facing In Back-to-Back Facing Up Back View. I once asked a group of trainers who primarily teach longer format classes of four and five days if they had ever had a Taurus of any kind last the whole glass. Tau…, Need to fill the freezer but ammo is tight? We go over the installation of the newest iteration of the Taurus G Series and TX22 Optic Mount Plate. 3. We’ve built dozens of AR’s and we’ll cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more. by J…, One of the most diversely applicable cartridges ever developed, the .300 BLK continues to …, The “Fix” for Aftermarket Handgun Sight Installations, Fiocchi’s Versatile .300 Blackout Ammunition, Tender and Juicy Smoked Thanksgiving Turkey, Field Test! Furthermore, the G3c enters the market at a price point that continues the Taurus G-series handguns' … Generated on: 09/13/2019 1:03 pm. Sig is finally jumping on that bandwagon with the custom P320/365 lines. taurus g3 vs g2c, Empresas Taurus: Taurus Armas, Taurus Forjados, Taurus Blindagens, Taurus Plast, Famastil Taurus Ferramentas, Taurus Capacetes e Taurus Wotan. And to those of you concerned about safety mechanisms? P365 vs G2C Comparison. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google MAGAZINE TAURUS G3 9MMP 17RD AND G2C ADAPTOR. It is a sub-compact, striker-fired 9mm with a double-stack 12-round magazine. Range day opened with one forgivable hiccup. Our favorite guns and gear that we've tested and fully recommend. My biggest issue with the one or two magazine practice is not the price of additional mags, its that mags for new models can be difficult to come by. This firearm seems to be just as reliable—and possible even more reliable—than the G2C, which is a critical element if you plan on using this gun for self-defense or home defense. Here we find a definite upgrade from the G2c. The new Taurus G3c builds on the proven foundation that has made the compact G-series among the most popular personal defense/EDC handguns ever while advancing function, reliability, and durability to the next level. Our Taurus G3c, G2c, G2s, Millennium G2, and PT111 G2 guide rods are made of Stainless Steel and come pre-assembled to your selection. Porto Alegre/RS. Silencer Central Banish 30! Free shipping. Gone are the annoying plastic sights of the G2C! Recently, I purchased a Taurus G3, and it is an outstanding 9mm pistol – that I will put up against any similar pistol – it is “that” good. I’ve also been looking at the G2S as well. Limited Lifetime Warranty; Repairs. I just bought a G2c and was wondering what other mags work with this firearm. It does. SKU: 20032110 Category: Magazines Tag: Taurus. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments! When it came back 2 months later it worked like new. That is unheard of, and we love it. Up front, the G3 frame includes an integrated Picatinny rail sized right for adding a light or light/laser combo. Didn’t like the way it felt in my hand so I didn’t even bother shooting it. I fully expect to have the same great success as I did the G2S! Discussion Starter • #1 • Mar 20, 2019. Polymer frame, steel magazines holding 12-rounds of 9mm, easy to use sights, and slightly larger than the Sig P365 the G2C is on paper a great pistol. I was going to get the G2C but after seeing some other reviews that compared the two, I went with the G3C. We’re very excited to see what Taurus will come out with next, and highly recommend their G3C! I have several and have found the PT1911s to be every bit as accurate as my Kimber that cost over twice as much. It’s slightly beefier in dimension, and the trigger safety … For close defense, though, the G3C nails it. Taurus Magazine G2c 9MM 12 RDS; Item Number : 358-0005-01 $36.00 ; Qty: Taurus Magazine G2c 9mm 10 RDS ... 92 / G2 / G3 / 1911 / TH; Item Number : ST1 $9.99 ; Qty: Adco Super Thumb 3 Mag Loader; G2s / SLIM ; Item Number : ST3 $9.99 ; Qty: Adco Super Thumb 6 Mag Loader; SPECTRUM / TCP; Item Number : ST6 $9.99 ; Qty: Altamont 1911 Rosewood Grip & Two 8rd .45ACP Magazine Promo; 2 FREE MAGS; … Out of stock. Since the G2c series debut, consumers and dealers have been asking for a 4-inch barrel version of this innovative pistol. The G3C ran perfectly with several types of ammo. From what I have heard the Judge breaks a lot, and the Taurus customer service and repair response times are horrible. I don’t care what any snob has to say about Taurus. No matter how you like to hold the pistol, your hand is going to stick in place. We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. The Taurus G3C specs are the following: If you aren't aware, the G3C specs are unchanged from the G2C, as are a number of other features. Considering the track record of the previous G-series pistols, we’ll lay good money on the bet that Taurus has delivered another home run with the G3. There are a few small changes that improved the G3C’s overall design. Also considered a S&W Shield 9mm Gen 1, which was around the same price as the Taurus now that the Gen 2 is out. While the manual safety is easy to flick off and on, we’re not crazy about there being one at all. It’s a budget CCW that runs, runs well, and is actually nice to shoot. OR. Do the PT111 and the G2 mags work? Compare the dimensions and specs of Taurus G2c and Taurus G3c Oh, and the handling is great! Due to past disappointments, we’re a little jaded when it comes to the Taurus brand. just more reloads than the guys with their full size extended magazine guns. We go over the installation of the newest iteration of the Taurus G Series and TX22 Optic Mount Plate. Get proficient on YOUR time. Traditions Firearms and Federal Premium have t…, You’ve got an optic on your GLOCK but now you’re realizing the need for a back…, Looking to outfit your new AR rifle? Be it shooting, upgrading, building, tinkering, or writing about them - sharing his passion and knowledge of firearms with others is an everyday occurrence. Since its introduction (first as the Millennium G2 and then the G2c), this little polymer powerhouse has received plenty of praise for its reliability, ergonomics, overall performance and, almost as important, its remarkably low price point. Taurus G3 $249, Taurus G2C $179, Ruger American $169, Heritage Rough Rider 16" $159, ATI GSG FireFly $151, Ruger 10/22 $199. What's New; Forum Listing; Showcase; Gallery; Advanced Search; Members; FAQ; Dark Mode View Mode Menu Log in … [Review+Video] Taurus G3C: Ditch Your G2C? I like the G3 and am generally as accurate with it as other, more expensive pistols. Unfortunately, the same can’t be said of the slides. They use poor metalurgy and have poor quality control. Traditions’ Revolutionary NitroFire Muzzleloader, How To: Install MOS-Height Sights on Your GLOCK. 1. You might want to check on whether that has changed before you buy a Judge. Some shooters complained the blade pinched their finger when shooting. Popular . Search "" across the entire site Search "" in this forum Search "" in this discussion. VISM Universal Rear Sight Tool VTUPRS. Yes, there are nicer features on more expensive pistols, but the G3 gets most of the basics right and, with practice to learn that trigger action well, it seems every bit as good on that score. Here are the basic upgrades you should consider. Taurus describes the G3 as their "full-size" gun, however it is very similar in size to a Glock 19. To feed your new gat, stop by the Best 9mm For Home and Self Defense! We’ve got a dedicated section for the AR-15 here. Those calls have now been answered with the release of the new Taurus G3. Not much difference in the triggers, double strike capability is paramount. Having two or three magazines is only handy if you are at the range, If you need 3 mags you must be signing up for the USMC and getting ready to Deploy. Truth hurts, but there you have it. The G3C also gives users an upgraded experience over the older G2C. I would routinely pull it out at the range, pocket lint, under oiled and all and it worked perfectly...until it didnt...at around 1000 rounds, the trigger pull stacked up super firm and it wouldn't fire, and would sometimes fire on release. SAC:0800 600 66 00 - sac@taurus.com.br The rear sight is a new design for the G-series. Some of these links are affiliate links. Also considered a S&W Shield 9mm Gen 1, which was around the same price as the Taurus now that the Gen 2 is out. Perhaps a UPS fairy gunsmithed the trigger mechanism. In the event that you are considering one or the other for your next pistol, it’s important to know how one stacks up against the other. The trigger reset is also pleasingly short, although a tad longer than the G2c. Made in the USA! The G3 is one of those full-size guns that requires little adapting on the part of the shooter. I may earn a small part of the sale from links to any products or services on this site. Now you get metal front and rear sights via the 1 dot front post and a black box rear sight. Without any public announcement, Taurus released an upgraded version of the PT111 Millenium G2 and called it the Taurus G2c. Chuck, below, nailed it...an hour or two at the range every year is not enough, 2-4 days of all-day shooting is needed to really test a firearm's mettle. Highlights include generous stippling patches across the grip for maximum control and retention in … Striker-Fired Full-Sized Pistol . I hate it when I see somebody show up with a Taurus or SCCY pistol. Much of the credit for that goes to the grip design, which puts your hand high on the frame and with your index finger at a comfortable angle for a straight trigger pull. Our mission is to provide readers with compelling content that is both relevant and valuable to the modern outdoorsman/shooter. I like the G3 and am generally as accurate with it as other, more expensive pistols. I’ve only shot it a few times and it has functioned reliably. The G2C and G3 use the same sight cut as the G2. At 25 ounces (unloaded), the G3 feels relatively light and well balanced. Both sides of the frame include these Memory Pads to accommodate left- or right-hand shooters. Regards. I teach concealed carry classes that have two four hours shooting sessions. First off, you get THREE magazines in the box. At roughly 1500 rounds fired through it, not a single problem. Does Mec-Gar make mags to fit? G2c; G2s; G3; G3c; Taurus 1911™ Taurus 1911™ Commander; Taurus 1911™ Officer; Taurus Spectrum® TaurusTX™ 22; TH40; TH9; View All Firearms; Answer a few questions to find the right firearm for you. R 860.00. Though full-frame in size, the G3 continues the polymer-frame profile and concealability of the G2c, making it well-suited for everyday carry (EDC). Okay, so most of the specs are basically the same as the G2C (full review here); the differences are more in the details, and that is where the G3C really shines. With the G2C and G3 they have really stepped up their game with everything right about those two guns. GP-OM-G3-BLK; Product class . Taurus released its first full-size G-series pistol, the G3 9mm semi-auto, which represents the next generation in the Taurus G-series polymer-frame handguns. Besides the basic specs, the G3C has some nice pluses going for it. He also invited Uncle Ricky along for the trip! RangeTray Speed Loader SpeedLoader for Taurus G2C G2 C 9mm Range Tray BLACK. Hey all, I’m in the market for the G2C. And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. I'm always put off whenever manufacturers make an entry-level or lower priced version of a flagship gun, but only include one magazine. I’ve only shot it a few times and it has functioned reliably. Check out our beginners guns video course. The Taurus G3 is just a surprising pistol and it’s very difficult to impossible to see how the sub-$300 price is justified. Speaking of the trigger, it’s shaped a bit differently than that of the G2c. Price: $0.14/rd Browning FMJ 9mm 124-Grain 150 rounds Brass Case - $26.99 … Actually, I've never had a bad Taurus. Please note that ammo, primers and powder has to be collected in store. Can't wait to go to the range to try it out. The G3c isn’t exactly a “new” pistol but just the latest generation of a long line of compact pistols from Taurus. EZMAGLOADER Magazine Loader for Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro G2 / G2C / G3 9mm. Let us know in the comments! It is rare for a Taurus to last the whole class. Recoil was about what you would expect from a 9mm polymer-frame pistol. While not adjustable for elevation, it can be drifted for windage adjustment by loosening the set screw and nudging it left or right as needed. Home / Gun Parts / Magazines / MAGAZINE TAURUS G3 9MMP 17RD AND G2C ADAPTOR. Search "" across the entire site Search "" in this forum Search "" in this discussion. In general, G2C holsters made from leather should work since the material is more forgiving to the minor changes between the two designs. do Forte, 511. Beneath the slide is a four-inch stainless steel barrel, broach-cut for better rifling consistency and exacting tolerances. The firearms new come with a sticky rust inhibitor. At first blush, the G3 looks simply like a bigger version of the G2c. Since we have been shooting a G2c for the last four years, we were quite excited to see how this new full-size model would compare to its compact predecessor. The Taurus Firearms G3 … Does Mec-Gar make mags to fit? Can it live up to the G2C? Not a nail-driver, but it does what it is supposed to do. The Taurus G3 is just a surprising pistol and it’s very difficult to impossible to see how the sub-$300 price is justified. The Taurus G3C is one of those times. Description Reviews (0) Description. I love that Taurus is stepping their game up for entry level guns with decent quality. thank you. It's a solid gun. Privacy Policy and Taurus G Series and TX22 Optic Mount Plate Installation. And you know what? It’s slightly beefier in dimension, and the trigger safety covers less of the shoe and is somewhat wider. The Taurus Firearms G3 … Used factory but mostly reloaded ammo. The G3 seemed to favor the heavier bullets. But that’s about where it ends. The best part is that they are Glock sight compatible, so if you don’t like the stock Taurus sights, you can upgrade them with ease. At this point, finding the perfect fit may be a guessing game until more G3C owners play the trial and error game. Welcome to Shoot-On.com - The outdoor and shooting industry's premier source of up-to-date news, media, entertainment and new product information. Hey, it's the same with the G2c, G3 AND G3c! I've run about 500 rounds through it before the pandemic, and it was a rental at the range I go to before that. As a shooter with medium-size hands, I can pretty well adapt to most platforms. Because it's basically an updated G2C, which itself was an update of the PT 111 Millennium G2. Can alway drift in another rear sight. It is a great handgun for self-defense and home protection, too. MAKERSHOT Speedloader for Taurus PT111 G2 G2C G3 9mm, Mag Speed Loader. The G3 now includes front serrations (in addition to the rear serrations), which required eliminating the familiar slide scoops between the end of the slide and the ejection port. I pocket-carried a TCP-738 .380 for years. 2. GP-OM-G3-BLK; Product class . https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/taurus-g3-9mm-first-look/367319 The updated Taurus also rocks front slide serrations and a slightly redesigned magazine well, providing you a place to grip and rip magazines as needed. Here is what you missed; The G2c uses a trigger bar safety blade. You do not pay anything extra and your Taurus G2 G2C G3 G3C Holster, Tactical OWB Paddle Holster Also Fit Taurus Millennium G2C G3 G3C G2 PT111 PT132 PT138 PT140 PT145 PT745(Not Pro) with Trigger Release Adjustable Cant, Right-Handed 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,078. None had. Furthermore, the G3c enters the market at a price point that continues the Taurus G-series handguns' … Legendary Hunter Giveaway Legendary Hunter Giveaway Prize Details Leupold FX-II Handgun 4x…, Two champions in the battle of speed throw it down, and the winner could be…YOU! A couple things to note about the Taurus G2 firearms. Learning how to shoot at a young age in the Boy Scouts, he now spends most of his time working on or with firearms. Besides reliability, Glock's biggest advantage is aftermarket support. The Taurus G2c costs the same as the G2s and it’s 12+1 rounds x2 magazines. That noted, I like the the g2c rear sight is adjustable- the only thing keeping me from buying a g3c over the a g2c for my father-in-law. It comes with one 15-round flush-fitting mag, and one slightly extended 17-round mag. Each side of the frame includes molded-in Memory Pads. I just bought a G2c and was wondering what other mags work with this firearm. Compare Views. If you're already familiar with Taurus firearms, you pretty much know what you're getting; it isn't a radical departure, but rather a couple of new bits on a gun you might have already seen. Although long-term testing may reveal some peculiarities with the G3, our initial impression gives the pistol high marks across the board. Taurus - Av. The new trigger has a slightly lighter pull weight however it is much more comfortable when squeezing the trigger. Their purpose is to help deliver a repeatable grip, which is ideal for proper form and accuracy. P365 vs G2C Comparison. The rear notch is a square-cut design. The G3c is the successor to the G2c which was the replacement for the Taurus PT111G2 which in turn was the replacement for the Taurus Millennium Pro. Free shipping . Inclusion of magazines is AWESOME, and front serrations on slide are great upgrades, as is the updrade of steel sights... make them adjustable and I’m in! Since the G3 trigger guard is dimensionally similar to the G2c, the E-Series laser also fits the G2c, G2s, G2, and PT111 pistols. Regarding price, the G3’s MSRP is $345.23 for the matte black slide models and $360.70 for the matte stainless slide version. VS. Taurus . Controls are in the right place. Center mass shots at 7 yards was an easy task, but keep in mind that the G3C is a compact CCW gun, so you won’t have a lot of luck at extended ranges. Popular . Would you go there with a 1911 with one in the chamber, trigger pulled... And no safety? Who knows? We measured the sight radius at 6-7/8 inches—an ample stretch for a defensive handgun. Some of these links are affiliate links. Spend the extra hundred dollars or so and get something that will last. The Taurus G2C is perhaps one of the many pistols that can be relied on for the purpose of concealed carry. SKU: 20032110 Category: Magazines Tag: Taurus. taurus g3 vs g2c, Taurus G3. Without any public announcement, Taurus released an upgraded version of the PT111 Millenium G2 and called it the Taurus G2c. Trigger pull is a comfortable six pounds. But that’s about where it ends. David is an Editor for PewPewTactical! Striker-Fired Compact Pistol . Now, we’ll be making a comparison of what similarities and differences both the G2C and the PT111 have. No. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments! The Taurus G2C Holster is an especially designed holster for the G2C handgun, which is popular among the military and the civilian market. But the G2C is designed from the ground up to be a highly affordable compact CCW pistol – and it nails it. The slide presented Taurus engineers with some design flexibility, although the general profile exhibits obvious G2c DNA. $21.66. Thumbs up across the board. Sights on the G2c are adjustable and plastic a + and -. What is your take on the G3C? Great grip. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. Taurus G2 G2C G3 G3C Holster, Tactical OWB Paddle Holster Also Fit Taurus Millennium G2C G3 G3C G2 PT111 PT132 PT138 PT140 PT145 PT745(Not Pro) with Trigger Release Adjustable Cant, Right-Handed 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,078. A couple things to note about the Taurus G2 firearms. Taurus G2C vs. Taurus PT111 - Similarities and Differences. Good value, especially with the three mags. Best of all, it can be purchased for the mid- to lower $200s. Fits Taurus G3, G2c, G2s, G2, PT111 G2, Millennium G2, and TX22 Pistols. Just bought one: and out of the box shot a match with it no problems at all Porto Alegre/RS. Assisting in muzzle control and weapon retention are generous and sticky stippling patches all around the grip. Say what you want about having a safety....I like & have no problems with having one on mine. Most of us wouldn't. The firearms new come with a sticky rust inhibitor.