The body is the largest part of the acoustic guitar. This is the head, or headstock, of the guitar. With many types of acoustic guitars to choose from, it is already difficult to make an informed decision. I could have used this guitar for “the best 12 string under $500”, but if I have the $399-$499, I’m sticking with the Guild every time. So, the decision should be made based on which guitar feels and sounds best to you, and your playing style. Some have cutaways, some do not. They really care about the quality of the construction, even in the low-cost models. Are you looking for an acoustic guitar for under $1000 but unsure of what the market offers? Throughout my life, I’ve suddenly found myself without a guitar multiple times. If desired, it’s also available in a slim neck and a left-handed version. One of the best things about Yamaha’s guitars is that they are consistent. Gretsch Guitars G5024E Rancher Dreadnought. I’m an affiliate. If you want to keep your instrument safe, a hard case or gig bag is essential, so this is a really great thing to get right off the bat. I should know—I’ve owned two of them, and they were playable right out of the box. I only rank it below the Gretsch because I think the Rancher is a bit more powerful and sounds a little bit better, but they’re each beautiful in their own way. The Best Acoustic Guitars Under $400. But for beginners or those looking for a traveling companion, this little package may be all you need. You can replace these with bone pieces for increased response and sustain and make the FG830 sound as good as a guitar worth double the price. The best acoustic guitars priced from $500 to $1,000 dollars (retail) all offer high-quality woods, materials, and construction. Like other Road Series models, it’s loaded with Fishman MX … It is most responsible for the quality of sound the instrument produces. Each time, my longing for music grows so strong that I just have to get the very next guitar I can find. From a company renowned for quality instruments, the Martin LXK2 acoustic guitar generates a surprisingly full, rich sound despite its small size For a person with small fingers or physical limitations, this ‘Little Martin’ is extremely lightweight and easy to play. Even with a budget limit of $400, it’s still possible to find a solid-top guitar that will offer many years of full, rich sound. However, if you have around $360 laying around and you want a great value, then … Its compensated saddle and deluxe die-cast tuning machines hold your strings pitch-perfect through hours of pitch-perfect playing. It can be a great choice for beginning to intermediate players. So I know I’ve sounded a bit harsh about Ibanez’s tonewood changes in the Artwood series. This is topped with an ovangkol fretboard in place of the better rosewood of earlier models. And in this article, we want to highlight ten best acoustic guitars under $200 that will absolutely fit your needs. Maybe you’re looking for a beginner instrument now, with the idea of buying higher quality later. In Sweetwater’s list of the best acoustic guitars under $500, each guitar offers premium tonewoods, sturdy construction, and most importantly, memorable tone. Can you find a quality guitar in this price range? They pair a Solid A+ Sitka spruce top with mahogany back and sides for a classic dreadnought sound. The LXK2 is suitable for any style in any venue. Reviews have been mixed for the Squier. I’m a little biased because Alvarez is the brand I’m most used to playing these days, and I would really like to rank this as the #1 acoustic under $400. There are plenty of bargain-priced acoustic guitars on the market that still offer incredible sound and build quality if you know where to look. But other times, I’ve literally only had $50 and ended up with a no-name 3/4-size acoustic that doesn’t play past the 12th fret. This is a full-size dreadnought with a solid low end, a meaty midrange, and mellow highs. That’s one of the things I love most about Alvarez guitars. The first thing to do is to learn the basic parts of a guitar. The only thing not organic about this guitar is the binding, but the rest is totally high-quality hand-selected natural materials. The Fender Sonoran SCE Dreadnought cutaway guitar is one of the best acoustic guitars you can pick up for under 500 dollars. This is an all-laminate instrument with a Lindenwood top and mahogany back and sides. If you order it online you may receive any of several Squier models. The best acoustic guitars share a couple of things in common. The truth that an … We’ll also take an in-depth look at considerations to ensure that you find optimal durability, sound, and overall quality without breaking the bank. I’d rather have real bone than synthetic for the nut and saddle, but that’s asking a lot out of an acoustic at this price point. The thing you might not notice but that still affects the playing feel is the body depth. It includes a Fishman pickup/preamp system with onboard controls and a built-in tuner. Seagull S6. The Seagull S6 guitar has a crisp, bright sound that will only improve with age. It is great for travel and can handle rough use by children and teenagers. But the better ones do share some factors in common. It provides everything you need in a perfect kit to get started on your musical journey, including a beautiful guitar. Not to mention, they’re more durable, better-looking, and even sound better as your guitar gets older. This instrument features a solid cedar top, wild cherry back, and a silver-leaf maple neck. Nylon and steel strings are not interchangeable. This choice of fret size, combined with the G5024E’s heavy gauge strings, might make bends a bit difficult. Quick Navigation. We’ll start at the top. Of course, the higher quality instruments will be closer to the top of that limit. The patented Taylor neck and the dynamic Expression System 2 pickup both come standard on this guitar. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some areas for improvement in these guitars are things like the nut and saddle materials, pickup types, and general construction quality. And consistently good! With a rich candy apple red color, the guitar is a real stunner. With these acoustic guitars, you can satisfy your craving for earthy, full-voiced folk tunes at a price that won’t break the bank. Sometimes, I luck out and have enough money for an intermediate acoustic guitar like we’ve looked at today. You can’t stop your fingers from being sore initially, and only consistent practice will build those needed callouses. Plus, the fingerboard is made with an 11.8-inch radius, slightly curving so those starter open chords are more easily within reach. You might notice that the strings are tighter than you’re used to, and that’s because of the bi-level bridge. It will determine how the guitar will feel and play a huge role in how it will sound. Rich in overtones and more dull than bright, the AW54CE sounds great in soft, fingerstyle folk and similar styles. With many guitars, it is as much about its materials and design as it is about how the guitar player can take advantage of them. Things to Know Before Buying an Acoustic Guitar. Hope you like the site. The solid Sitka spruce top delivers an amazing, full sound and wonderful tone. The sound is especially suited for folk or soul styles. Your ultimate goals are another important factor to consider. The Fender CD-60SCE sounds more like what I used to expect from low-cost acoustics. So the traditional Western body made with a top-notch pairing of spruce and rosewood sings loud and clear. Use the table of content to jump to the section you want: A big guitar with a big voice, the Gretsch G5024E Rancher Dreadnought is built for volume. The 9 Best Acoustic Guitars Under $500 in 2020 These days, a $500 budget shouldn’t be a barrier to owning a great guitar. Absolutely! Fender is another well-known, respected brand name. Nylon string and classical guitars are designed and built very differently. The best acoustic guitars for beginners: start playing today; The best cheap acoustic guitars for under $/£500; The best electric guitars for all budgets; Double up with the best 12-string guitars; Other options include Maple and Koa, which are both renowned for their bright articulation and eye-watering grains, and Walnut – which tends to be more mid-focussed. The strings are anchored to the body by passing over a plastic or ivory saddle and through the bridge. While researching the best acoustic guitars under $2000, the Martin D-15M was an easy choice for our number one pick. And, because all Big Baby Taylors come with a gig bag, you’ll be ready to make this your dedicated travel guitar. Rogue RA-090 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Sunburst All the parts are important for the best sound quality and durability. There is something for everyone here, its just a matter of selecting whats best for you. So, although the CD-60’s spruce + mahogany combo sounds alright, the laminate construction just isn’t as rich and resonant as solid top guitars in this same category. But, for whatever reason, these guitars remain a less popular choice than other models. 14 Best Acoustic Electric Guitars Under $300 in 2020. This video explains and compares the differences between solid- and laminate-top acoustics: Next off, these guitars generally have higher-quality tonewoods than budget acoustics. When your sights are set on learning the ins and outs of folk, blues, and country, these acoustic guitars under $400 are all you need and more. It may be a good starter for teenagers or adults and comes with a redeemable code for a free trial of the FenderPLAY lesson site. The Fender FSX800C can handle any playing style and has the potential to give years of pleasure. Let’s first look at these fine acoustic guitars, and at the end of the post, you can find the FAQ section that helps you to make the best choice possible. These will make the difference between a stable, sweet-sounding instrument and one that will have trouble down the road. I’ve reviewed the best acoustic and electric-acoustic guitars in this price range that are available today. This is, in my opinion, a tonal downgrade. This includes its scalloped X-bracing, designed to get every bit of volume out of that body as possible. However, the electronics are actually pretty good, featuring the Fishman Isys III preamp. Getting the best acoustic guitar for under $ 400 isn’t easy for most people online because there are so many brands on the market. Estimated Price: $500 Body Style: Dreadnought Top: HPL Mahogany Back and Sides: HPL Mahogany Neck: Select hardwood Electronics: Fishman MX My Review: Martin guitars are famously known as the legendary acoustic guitar company that produces some of the highest quality acoustic guitars that are commercially available. With a neck that’s narrow and flat, the AW54CE is smooth-playing like you’d expect from Ibanez. Whether you’re buying your first or picking up a new toy for your upcoming gigs, I’m going to walk you through the best acoustic guitars under $500. If you can only afford $50 and have a burning desire to make music, look for a $50 guitar. So, why does a guitar that costs as much as many guitars with solid tops not have this common important feature? Most full-sized acoustic guitars range between 38 to 41 inches. The round sound hole amplifies string vibrations. Any of the guitars reviewed below have the potential of meeting your beginner needs. If you go with another model that doesn’t include a case, be sure to check out our recommendations for the, Includes hard case, instructional video, tuner, and more, Slight fingerboard roundness for comfortable chording, Forward-shifted bracing for increased volume, High string tension may be difficult for beginners. Consider the style of music you most enjoy playing. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. What gives our opinions so much weight on this topic?While we are The Squier holds its tune well, with decent medium and bass tones. With a price tag of $1299, it’s well under the $2000 mark, making it one of the more affordable guitars in this category as well. Now, unfortunately, the tone might be quite different from model to model for one key reason: in 2019, Though they’re both related tree species and share the same earthy warmness, the. For the biggest, arguably best sound built for all styles of music, the Gretsch Rancher is the way to go. Best Rated Acoustic Guitar Under $1500 Reviewed. These people are serious about the quality of their guitars, and it shows. Surprisingly, at under 500 dollars, there is a wide choice of acoustic guitars to choose from. If you are not a beginner, acquiring a new instrument can expand your style options and add interest to your playing. Squier has been called Fender’s ‘little sister’ and the quality from one instrument to another may vary greatly. This Squier comes with an amazing set-up: hard case, stand, extra strings, strap, and tuner. Intonation is the ability of the guitar to still sound in tune all along the fretboard. All that you need to focus on are some important features that guitars should have. A solid spruce top will provide superior sound quality that will improve with age. These people are serious about the quality of their guitars, and it shows. These quality tones are right at your fingertips, easily played on the slightly narrow neck. This Fender comes with a comprehensive package of accessories. The 800 series has replaced the 700 series with a more powerful, balanced sound, especially in the mid ranges. There’s still a noticeable difference in tone between these intermediate acoustics and handmade Martins and Taylors costing thousands more. With minis, you can get 3/4 size, 7/8 size, and even 1/2 size for little ones. Your skill level is always an important factor. To help you find the best one for your skill level and style, we’ve compiled a list of the best acoustic guitars under $300 in 2020. 1. Gretsch Guitars G5024E Rancher Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar…, Ibanez AW54CEOPN Artwood Dreadnought Acoustic/Electric Guitar – Open…, Yamaha FG830 Solid Top Acoustic Guitar, Autumn Burst, Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar – All Mahogany…, Alvarez Artist Series AD60 Dreadnought Guitar, Natural/Gloss Finish, Best Overall – Gretsch Guitars G5024E Rancher Dreadnought, Best Construction- Alvarez Artist Series AD60, 27 Easy Blues Songs on Guitar For Beginnners (With Tabs), 5 Best Gig Bags for Acoustic Guitars in 2020 – Buyer’s Guide, 5 Best Guitar Slides for Acoustic Guitars in 2020 – Buyer’s Guide, 5 Best Wide Neck Electric Guitars for Fat Fingers in 2020 – Buyer’s Guide, 5 Best Lap Steel Guitars for Beginners in 2020 – Buyer’s Guide, Body Material: Solid Spruce Top with Laminated Mahogany…, Ibanez AEQ210TF preamp with onboard tuner, Hand selected, ‘A’ grade, solid Sitka spruce top, Mahogany back and sides; Tuner:Premium Die Cast;…. These classic, traditional materials give you the tone you expect to hear when you think of acoustic guitars. However, there are a number of dependable acoustic guitars in their line-up that are well-suited for beginner to intermediate use. This way, it sits more naturally against your body and gives your arm more freedom to move in the upper frets. This is a great beginner acoustic guitar bundle, with nearly every starter accessory you could ask for. While many have praised the guitar for its sound and presentation, there have also been a few issues such as minor distortion or vibrations. Since it’s on the smaller side, the S6 is ideal for both children or adult beginners. While guitars under $400 have their limitations, there are still many benefits at this price point you don’t get in lower-cost instruments. Each range is balanced in a beautiful mix well-suited for all musical styles. It sounds great, it’s highly durable, and it comes with plenty of complementary features. Whether you're a professional player or just beginning, this acoustic guitar is the right choice. No matter what guitar you choose, Sweetwater is confident that you’ll fall in love with your new acoustic. The answer is the high-value bundle of accessories you get with the CD-60SCE. Alvarez’s signature forward-shifted bracing, the FST2 System, adds extra volume to the already loud dreadnought shape, so this guitar can easily fill a room. This electronic setup gives you responsive, organic amplification you can mold to your liking with 3-band EQ. When you buy through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission(this adds no extra cost for you). 1 Yamaha FG830; 2 Takamine GD20-NS; 3 Alvarez Artist Series AF30 Folk Guitar; 4 Yamaha APX600 BL Thin Body Acoustic-Electric Guitar A dreadnought that does service to the name, the Rancher is one of my favorite acoustic-electric guitars at an unbeatable price. You’d expect, at this kind of price point, a lot of well-made guitars. Overall, the CD-60SCE dreadnought by Fender is definitely one of the best acoustic guitars under 500 dollars. But don’t worry, there are still some pretty incredible guitars you can pick up without breaking the bank. Note: You can of course choose a guitar without accessories or a smaller accessory bundle too. Nylon strings can be easier on a beginner’s fingers. It’s hard to predict how the LXK2 sound quality will fare over time. . It’s just a little more narrow than traditional necks, but it smoothly tapers downward from the body to the head for a relaxed grip anywhere on the rosewood fingerboard. It’s great in every way I can see, but the general consensus seems to be that the Gretsch is better. There are a lot of possible choices when it comes to investing in a guitar and this obviously creates endless confusion. Correct action can make a difference in how easy the instrument is to play. Affiliate disclaimer:   Guitaristnextdoor.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You know you’re looking for the best acoustic guitar under 400. So make sure to spend some time finding the best fit, this way you will remain inspired to play. So instead of cheaper body wood alternatives like basswood or poplar, you’ll usually find rosewood and mahogany. The $1000 segment in the guitar industry is an extremely confusing place to be for the uninitiated. Frets and markers (or inlays) divide the neck and fretboard. If you are planning to travel or play outdoors you may need a sturdier instrument, less prone to be affected by temperature, humidity changes, or rough handling. A pick guard protects the wood from scratches. Mahogany or okoume body provides warm, resonant tones, Open-pore finish shows off the natural wood grain, Phase-switch on Ibanez preamp reduces feedback issues, Made with high-quality woods for a high-quality sound, Specially developed Yamaha bracing for increased volume, Gretsch Rancher sound a little bit better in my opinion, Best of all, you get a hard case! It’s generally not a big expense to have necessary adjustments made if needed. Automated page speed optimizations for fast site performance. Christopher D. Schiebel December 2, 2020 December 2, 2020. sounds much muddier and less defined than its higher-quality cousin. First, and maybe most obvious, is the slimmer neck design. These are our top 3 picks for best acoustic guitars for under $400. But I’ve played many shows on guitars at this price point and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. It has a neck that’s both wide enough and thin enough to make playing easier for students. Best cheap acoustic guitars: buying advice. Thank you if you use my links, that helps to cover the expenses of this website! Seagull is a comparatively new company that was founded in Canada in 1982. The unusual triangle-shaped soundhole is unique and eye-catching, A powerful, rich voice from an arch back design, Vintage-style frets let your fingers feel the fretboard, Non-cutaway acoustic-electric limits high fret access. If you like a sound that’s dark, earthy, and full of overtones, the AW54CE is built to belt those out with dreadnought power. You’ll find nothing lacking in any range as you strum through booming progressions and pick out pronounced, powerful riffs. Going for around 400 clams, you can’t go wrong picking up this guitar. If you can afford a guitar that includes everything you want—exotic tonewoods, top-grade electronics, gold-plated tuning machines—by all means, go for it! , combined with the G5024E’s heavy gauge strings, might make bends a bit difficult. The shape and sizes of the guitars we have chosen in our 5 best acoustic guitars under 500 have a wide range. Seagull is a comparatively new company that was founded in Canada in 1982. I love minis for kids to help them learn more comfortably without having to struggle with an instrument that is too cumbersome for their build. And even the highest frets are at your command thanks to the smooth Venetian cutaway. Yamaha is a well-respected company most well known for their electric guitars. Required fields are marked *. Current models come with a nyatoh neck, subbing for the original mahogany. Don’t worry , here is a list of the top 10 under $ 400 acoustic guitars in 2020 that will help you to choose and buy the best. But just because your stack of cash might be a little thin doesn’t mean your tone has to be. So, without further ado, allow us to present to you our pick of the best acoustic guitars available today. But it’s hard to argue that the cutaways often found on these guitars add a great bonus to playability. However, if you’re a bit more experienced you probably already have … With one of the best acoustic guitars under $400, you can satisfy your craving for earthy, full-voiced folk tunes at a price that won’t break the bank. The LXK2 is made from all laminate materials. But age, skill, and use all play a part in your final selection. Contents. Thanks to the consistent tone of the Ibanez T-bar under-saddle pickup, you sound just as good amped as you do unplugged. Though there are many great acoustic guitars under $400, this is perhaps the most powerful-sounding option on the market. Really. But when a cheap acoustic is all you can afford, I think making music is what matters most. Watch the video to hear samples of each guitar being played and come visit us online or in person to try one out for yourself. Best Acoustic Guitar Under $400. You should get the guitar that is best for you in every way, and that includes the price. It is already known to us that Acoustic Electric Guitars with solid wood or laminate tops can be bought under $300. That said, these materials make this an extremely durable instrument. You’ll also see that there are many acoustic-electric guitars under $400. Fender FA-115 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar; 3. Despite these replacements, Ibanez still delivers comfortable, fast playability in the AW54CE. All things considered, it’s a great acoustic electric under $400. Your email address will not be published. This model features a solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides. 2019’s Best Acoustic Guitars under $300, $400 $500 & $1000 2020-10-25 2019-05-04 by miro.dee If you are a music lover and seeking the best acoustic guitar under $300, $500 or $1000, then you’ll get much more than you actually think. The instrument has solid intonation and a full, crisp sound quality. But steel strings produce a more desirable sound for many styles of music. Yamaha’s FG830 is one of the best low-cost acoustic guitars around. From a company that also makes world-class computers, semiconductors, and jet skis, you can expect every spec of the FG830 to be rigorously developed. Playing guitar since 2004. Tuning keys should be good quality, geared to respond easily and locking the strings in position. This includes an instructional DVD, a clip-on tuner, extra guitar strings, a string winder, picks, and a polishing cloth. Keep reading to … Learn how your comment data is processed. Whatever your budget – and whatever style you prefer to play – we can guarantee there's a six-string to suit you. Top 8 Best Acoustic Guitars Under $300 2020 Reviews. It is a simple fact that no two guitars are alike.