09/12/2019 Found sun conure in the Silverdale area. Can you tell me a little more about the parakeet's situation? I once saw an amazon that nearly ripped its foot off when it's leg band got … How long has this been a concern? I would like to return it to its owner. Thread Tools: Show Printable Version. The most common method of marking is to put a metal or plastic band around the birds' leg. It's not useful now anyway. Most papers will run found ads for free. He is banded. The parakeet was found by someone else, who was unable to locate the owner or read the band. There is no email or phone number. barneys bird farm leg band codes, bbf on bird leg band, bbfa bird, bbfe=&>np, bird leg band bbf 3209, birds leg band bbfc, green split band on parakeet bbf 6118, leg band bbfa, parakeet band number. Do not use a full description of the bird. Tracking Down The Owner. Advertise in all newspapers in about a 50-100 mile radius from where you live. Email this Page. Please call xxx … I could grab the parakeet, but I'd rather not subject it to too much trauma on its first day with us. If your talking about the leg band its probably has the breeder number on it and the day it was hatched.You can try searching for websites with lost animals in your area too see if anyone has lost a parakeet recently.Put up found posters around your area with a picture of the parakeet and number to call and any … Leg bands can cause horrible injuries. If the bird has neither chip nor band, all is not lost. If you find a dead banded bird . The bird was first noticed about 30 minutes ago. colecluster@msn.com Contact family using email or phone number listed. Sometimes they get too tight, but mostly they end up getting caught in things. For example: Found adult male gray cockatiel on mm/dd/yy near _____. Very sweet tempered!! . I have also been unable to read the band. To make a long story short, we now have a parakeet with a band on its leg. The date you found the band; The place you found the band (mileage and directions from the nearest town, with county and state, or GPS coordinates) How you found the band (on a bird found dead, shot, or caught in some other way) Straighten the band, tape it to a piece of heavy paper, and place in an envelope marked “Hand … Say that it is banded, but do not publish the band number. The same is true if the bird is wearing a bird band. Bird is currently being care … If the bird has a microchip, the veterinarian will be able to read it and get the owner’s phone number from a national database. There are several other ways you can go about tracking down … “Any bird can have a leg band, it’s at the breeder’s discretion and it helps them identify their birds,” de la Navarre says. I have found a parakeet in my front yard. Bird banding is used as an easy way to identify individual birds when conducting research on these highly mobile animals. Found yellow parakeet with band on its leg. Both types of band weigh very little, and when placed correctly, do not interfere with the bird going about its' … band number; when the bird was found the bird (date if possible) where the bird was found; if the bird is colour banded, the position of each colour band (note which leg it was on and the position eg, right leg: red over black, left leg: metal over white). Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. You will want to remove the band. Bird clubs, organizations, societies and breeders also issue their own leg band codes. it has a band on its left leg. (11636) Sun Conure Silverdale, Washington . A panicked bird with a stuck leg band can really injure itself. Help! L_M_Bird Leg Bands Products Catalogue Red Bird Products DL Products - Leg Bands, Bird Bands, Bird Rings Information on Leg Bands Winged Wisdom Pet Bird Magazine - The ABC's Of Leg Bands - Identifying Birds Interpreting Bird Bands Choosing Your Bird Additional information, if it's available on the leg band… Click on a term to search for related topics.