wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. Tell your mother that you will always support her and be there when she needs help and support. But… Great moms know this secret: it’s the small moments that matter most. ", "I was confused until I read this, it was simple and awesome in the same time, thanks! ", "She really liked talking to me and having a heart-to-heart conversation. For example, you could try talking to your mom after dinner or over the weekend. Go shopping with your mom. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. If you stay away from your mom, call her every day. Sometimes we all need a day to disconnect from life, especially if that day is when Mommy or Daddy is sick. Also, try to help her out around the house without her having to ask, which can help make her day easier and less stressful. Remember that you always have choices, regardless of how powerless someone makes you feel. ", "My mom is always angry and I don't know how to make her happy but I think this article will help me. She received her Masters of Social Work (MSW) from the University of Missouri in 2014. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unified-theory-happiness/201406/4-benefits-hugs-mind-and-body, http://psychcentral.com/lib/best-things-to-say-to-someone-whos-depressed/, consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. When your mom is really tired and stressed out try cleaning up the house, doing the laundry, cooking, taking care of younger siblings and also make her a cup of tea and bring whatever snack your mom loves with the tea, and let her watch her favorite show or movie alone unless she says she wants company. ", "After doing all of this, she has to feel better. A message to make your son feel special. You don’t need to say anything fancy, just say something like, “I have noticed that you seem a little sad. This sort of goes along with my general philosophy that you should never make your best friends (aka bridesmaids) wear ugly dresses. % of people told us that this article helped them. This article has been viewed 371,220 times. My mom has been doing yard work all week and is always tired afterwards, After I, "Reaching out mostly helped. The easiest way to make your mom happy is to reach out and tell her comforting words, like “I love you” or “You’re important to me.” Spend some time with her doing an activity she enjoys, which shows you care about her interests. Your mum has to grieve in her own time, it may take months for her to feel better, but the best thing you can do is be there for her. After reading, I felt that perhaps if I listened to her, she would be willing to. Thank you for making my mom happy. I hope she gets over it soon! As "Doctor mom," you'll have to help your little patient get well with a bit of care and a whole lot of love. While many people save it for Mother’s Day. "This advice is a game-changer! When you reach your point of no return, be firm on not giving in. If your mom is a fan of shopping, you can ask her to meet you at the mall. Tell her that you love her for who she is and what she always does for you. ", that we need to give them a caring attention for what they did for us. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. ", "This is very helpful because I want to show my mom I love her a lot, thank you! ", mom came home to a clean house, she was extremely happy! ", "This helped me because she was a bit upset, so I said that she is important to me and it fell into a hug!! Outings don’t even have to cost anything. Is it okay if we can talk later?” This shows that you do care about connecting with her, even if you can’t do it right then. Get fit. So I feel I can make my mom happier now. For example, you mom might appreciate it if you tidy up the bathroom, living room, or kitchen. 4. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Tasha is affiliated with the Dwight D. Eisenhower VA Medical Center in Leavenworth, Kansas. Please consider making a contribution to wikiHow today. Approved. Your mom is important to you, so it can be really hard to see her feeling down. However, if your mom continues to feel sad, then she might need to talk to her doctor about it. Also, try to help her out around the house without her having to ask, which can help make her day easier and less stressful. This article has been viewed 371,220 times. My mum is my fire brigade. By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube. 1. I’m glad I found you. For example, if she asked you about your day and you shrugged her off instead of talking, that might have hurt her feelings. ", http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/17/fashion/the-family-stories-that-bind-us-this-life.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0, http://www.forbes.com/sites/margiewarrell/2013/05/16/feeling-appreciated-why-it-can-make-all-the-difference/, http://family.jrank.org/pages/530/Family-Folklore.html, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-feiler/forget-flowers-five-ways-to-make-mom-happier_b_3220573.html, consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. Make dinner or watch your sister or brother if you are older than them. For example, if you’re just hanging out in the living room, you could turn to your mom and ask her what her favorite thing to do was as a little girl. Thanks! Make her a homemade gift. Your mom wants to know you love her and care. I acted grumpy at first. I know, this might feel awkward, but it will prove to her that you really want to spend time with her. This article was co-authored by Tasha Rube, LMSW. wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. Your awesome article made me spend more time with her. Many rescue animals need socialization, so in addition to making your mom happy, you’ll also be helping cats, dogs, and the occasional ferret. Your mom is going to be having almost as long of a day as you will on your wedding day, so make … For example, you could clean your room or offer to make dinner so she can spend some time relaxing. When I made my mom, "This article is awesome. Society makes all us mommies feel guilty about this one because letting your child watch TV all day encourages laziness. This article has 71 testimonials from our readers, earning it our reader-approved status. Possible bonus: … Even a short “Hi Mom! For example, you could try talking to your mom after dinner or over the weekend. Mix tapes may be too “old school” for you, but you can put together a playlist of songs that remind you of your mom, or songs that make you happy when you’re feeling down. 1. For example, if your mom points out that you forgot to take out the trash again, say something like “I’m sorry I forgot to take out the trash. I’ll put a reminder in my phone for Wednesdays so I remember next time.”. I followed all these steps and I cheered, "My mom and I are going through a lot right now and I need to find a way to cheer her up, so this helped me a lot. 1. Talking to your mom, reaching out in other ways, and offering to help around the house may be all that it takes to put a smile on your mom’s face today. As your mom gets older, she may begin to feel that she doesn’t have anything left to offer. Reply. "The most helpful tips were to do things without being asked to do them and keep your own life in check so your mom, "There was a tip in every point which is possible to be done by every kid. I regret what I did and I have to show her that I learned a lesson. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 120,500 times. References It can sometimes be hard to think of ways to make your mom happy beyond the obvious things such as flowers and gifts. Racheal, I never read something or meet someone that I can connect with 100%. We just lost our best doggie ever, Bailey, and I want help to make my mom feel better because she was the closest to her... :'( HELP!! To make your mother happy, show her that you care about her feelings by asking her questions about herself, like how her day was or what's bothering her if she seems stressed. Thanks for this article, it really helped!". ", "Doing public chores helped me a lot. 3 … To create this article, 99 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. If your mom seems upset about something, and you are not sure what it is, then the best way to figure out what is going on and to help her feel better is to ask her what’s wrong. ", I was doing before she came. Thinking Of You! Nichole says. Make her DIY surprise candles You’ve probably thought of buying mom flowers or chocolates – works well, but lacks creativity. I got it here, thanks! You are the best mother in this world”. ", "It helped me by perking my mom up and making her feel good at home and at work.". Ask what is wrong. We’ve all been a little guilty of bingeing TV all day in our pj’s on a Saturday, hungover, and never even making our own meal. She always makes me happy. A few seconds of being intentional will quickly add up to make your kids feel valued and loved in your home. The opposite of this also goes. To make your mother happy, show her that you care about her feelings by asking her questions about herself, like how her day was or what's bothering her if she seems stressed. Express yourself to your mother... A Love Poem! Last Updated: November 30, 2020 While these things are nice, and most moms would not turn them down, there are many other ways you can show your mom that you care about her. "This article is amazing, my mom likes to travel so I will take my mom to Australia for a week and she will love it. ", "I want my mom to be happy. Show that you care about her and Let the care be regular. You’re my world. For more tips from our co-author, like how to send your mom an encouraging text, read on! This really made her feel better. ", "I love wikiHow, any time I need ideas I just go to wikiHow and it works all the time, thanks wikiHow. My mom has been really stressed out and I could tell, but I've been such a burden. Moms can do things that embarrass you; in fact, sometimes it can feel like they specialize in it! You can do anything for her without her telling you at all. Clean up and do your chores even without your mom asking you. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/51\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/51\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/96\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/96\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b0\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b0\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/dc\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/dc\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b6\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b6\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/cc\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/cc\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-7.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/16\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/16\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-8.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3e\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3e\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-9.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0c\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-10.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-10.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0c\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-10.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-10.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-11.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-11.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-11.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-11.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6e\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-12.jpg\/v4-460px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-12.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6e\/Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-12.jpg\/aid2282125-v4-728px-Cheer-up-Your-Mom-Step-12.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. Plan a surprise party to make your mother feel special If you send her a text, try adding a smiley face or heart emoji to brighten the message. I also got involved in the text messages, and it helped. And you, my friend, will feel that mama courage and patience begin to bubble up again. But if they cry in response I just let them. I am so pleased. If your mother tries to corner you into making decisions or make you feel like you don't have a choice, call the bluff. Even just sending your mom a quick text can show her that you're thinking about her and make her happy. ", "Preparing food for my parents and helping her in household work were the most helpful tips. Just don’t make him feel like he has to run every little thing past her. Your mother always tell you to clean your room. To create this article, 99 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. ", "I am so happy that my mommy is happy. Don't forget to clean up the kitchen after! Research even shows that families who share stories about their family history have closer bonds, and the children in those families tend to have more self-confidence. ", "When I get told off I shut up so she doesn't get more angry, try it and see if it works. I, "I really liked the tips. 5. ", know if I did anything wrong I have to say "sorry, mom" and show her appreciation. If you’re feeling great about something, have some good news to share, or you just saw a great movie, chat with her about that, too. Then be there for her emotionally by being kind, supportive, and helpful around the house. This article has been viewed 120,500 times. Amid the current public health and economic crises, when the world is shifting dramatically and we are all learning and adapting to changes in daily life, people need wikiHow more than ever. Even if you’ve moved out on your own, you can still do a lot of these things to bring a smile to your mom’s face. 1. Thank you very much. % of people told us that this article helped them. For example, if you notice that she seems stressed, you could say something like this: “You seem really stressed right now, Mom. Are you okay?”. Take responsibility for your actions, without making excuses. Moms have busy and noisy lives, and often feel like they don't have the time to do that. Don't shout and be disrespectful! Give her quiet time. Tasha is affiliated with the Dwight D. Eisenhower VA Medical Center in Leavenworth, Kansas. To learn how to make your mom happy by spending more time with her, keep reading! Share this playlist with her, and whenever she hears that song, she’ll think of you. Instead of trying too hard to find ways that might make them feel better, focus on offering words of compassion, care, and love. She received her Masters of Social Work (MSW) from the University of Missouri in 2014. Be 100% mom 100% of the time. She won’t stop missing her mom, but some of the pain will lessen. I have to spend more time with her. Every day at wikiHow, we work hard to give you access to instructions and information that will help you live a better life, whether it's keeping you safer, healthier, or improving your well-being. I know that meant more work for you. couldn't really go up to her and just do what I usually do to make her happy for inexplicable reasons. I hope your day is going well” is enough to show that you care about your mom’s happiness. Try to imagine. This article was co-authored by Tasha Rube, LMSW. Try saying, “Mom, I want to help out around the house. You’re the best! She probably asks you about what you did that day; why not return the favor? I, "My mom isn't really a great mom, because her mom was sick, so she didn't get a good example. Additionally, ask if there’s anything around the house you can do to make her day easier. Thank you so much! Take time to figure out what her favorite foods are and make them for her. This happens to lots of people and it is normal. ", "My family was having some real problems, and my mom would always yell about nothing or the littlest things. Love You Mom! When my, "I do many of the things which are mentioned here but I had forgotten that my mum loves when someone leaves a nice, "My mother won't listen to me. Try talking to your mom when she is on her own and you have time to sit and talk. When she came back I just said, "hi," and then did what, "I helped her with small household works so that she does not feel alone. By using our site, you agree to our. Tasha Rube is a Licensed Social Worker based in Kansas City, Kansas. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. Maybe a pottery class or a hand lettering workshop would be a fun way to try something new together and connect. She will love it. Thank her once in a while and give her a hug. She will probably be grateful for your help. In honor of Mother’s Day, here are a few of my favorite ways to ensure your mom feels extra special when your big day arrives. What can I do?”. Tasha Rube is a Licensed Social Worker based in Kansas City, Kansas. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. ", her. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. Thank you, I will definitely pass this advice to my other friends! If she likes something that’s too complicated for you, or that you don’t know how to make, ask her to teach you how to make it a few weeks before you want to make it for her. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. But today that changed! This article was like God was speaking to me! ", problems, and I love my mum and my brother. SEE ALSO: Your Newborn’s First Week. You don’t have to write a novel to make an impact. Don’t take it personally if your mom is feeling sad and can’t explain why. Concentrating in school and getting good grades will make your mom happy; a lot of mothers worry about whether or not their child is getting a good education. 4 Share Any Worries Your friend will need time to deal with the loss of her mom, but she will feel better. Offer a hug, or hold her hand, and sit quietly with your friend. ", "It helped my mum and me get along and she's less angry with my brothers and me. It worked wonders for me! You could also make your mom a “coupon book” with things she can redeem, such as “one breakfast in bed” or “one bad joke upon request.”. I love you mummy. Showing her that you're not a lazy person can get you respect. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. You have bugged her at times, yet loved her always. Be the mom that does it all. Yeah, okay. Clean your room and show her you are responsible. This doll lets little ones play Doctor as th… A cool ecard to share with a sister who is just like a friend. Watching someone close to you go through this can make you feel helpless, but there are some things you can do to make her feel better. Alternatively, you can surprise her by doing some of her chores, like cleaning the dishes, without telling her. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. Give her the attention that she deserves. Staying in touch with texts, calls, and even messages on social media can help your mom feel connected to you. Help her more often! ", happy, it really helped her; she started doing a lot more. Sometimes people just feel sad. ", "Sometimes they just want to feel like they have someone on their side that they can trust and that loves them. Even moms need a break sometimes. The truth is that your mom will probably appreciate breakfast in bed on any weekend! ", "Tell some jokes and spend time with her, she will be so happy. You can also tidy up other areas of the house without being asked. 3. What’s wrong?”. ", "When my mom is sick, I follow these methods! For example, if your mom enjoys biking, then you can ask your mom to go for a bike ride with you. If you want to cheer up your mom, show her you love her by being supportive and helping around the house. While grand gestures are also great, it’s the little day-to-day things that help people feel appreciated and loved. She helps with all my, "This helped me a lot. She makes me feel loved. Happiness is a very personal thing and varies dramatically from person to person, so you may need to experiment with several of these techniques before you find what makes your own mom the happiest. Or if she is a foodie, then you can ask her to go out to lunch with you at a new restaurant. Make choices. Here are four ways to make anal enjoyable for both of you. Let Your Mom Wear What She Wants . To learn how to make your mom happy by spending more time with her, keep reading! ", "The tip that helped me the most is saying hi to my mom when she is at her workplace and wishing her a good day. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 371,220 times. Let her relax and take time alone sometimes too. Baby, I think of you every day. Take A Class Together - I think it would be so fun for you to take your mom to a workshop or a class. You’ll probably get a few interesting stories this way! Spa treatments such as manicures, pedicures, massages, or salon days are likely to bring a smile to your mom's face. For example, if you’re both animal lovers, suggest that you and your mom go to the local animal shelter and play with the animals. 2. Avoid temptations like the following: Saying that the person is “in a better place” or that “at least their pain is gone,” even if your … If you are looking for ways to cheer up your mom, there are some simple things that you can do. ", listen to me. Indulging your mom will make her feel good both inside and out. If he wants to call your mom/his wife about what brand of bread to get at the supermarket, he’ll do so. ", love her, especially because I was disrespectful with her lately. I feel that I have to concentrate on my mom more and more to let her feel that I actually, "The article helped me in many ways, meaning that I understand my mom now and I also know how to make her happy. Offer a remedy; a suggestion for what you’ll do differently next time.