The Flex Grate system lets you replace the sear gate with either a. Well crafted it but not impressed with hot spot after 1st use. It has two distinct cooking guidance features, … All you need to do is sign up for my weekly Newsletter. The new lineup consists of the Oklahoma Joe's Rider DLX Pellet Grill ($599), featuring an impressive temperature range of 175 to over 650 degrees and 1,200-plus square inches of cooking … It is in the details that this grill stands out. Okay. Required fields are marked *. I am a certified retired electrician and when you have a gci or a gfi already grouned you do not need for the grill to be. I hate running probes through doors because 1) it creates a minor air leak, and 2) puts wear and tear on the probe lead, causing it to go bad. The slices were juicy, tender, had a nice bark and a beautiful smoke ring. The cooking temperature probe is located on the left interior sidewall, and it is smartly guarded to prevent accidental damage. The main cooking grid is heavy porcelain coated cast iron and has a removable center section that can be replaced with a number of accessories, like a griddle or deep cooking dish. That's over 150 servings of Alexis' First Place BBQ Pit beans! Bonus points to the genius engineer that added the pass-through for temperature probes. I was impressed with the grilling ability of this pellet cooker. Oklahoma Joe’s 20202106 Rider Deluxe Pellet Grill, Black. They totally had the wiring screwed up on the controller. You can also swap these out for optional rack units, such as; The Pit Controller uses a proprietary algorithm to keep the cooking temperatures just where you want them to be. I have tried about 10 times and can’t get past the pre heat cycle , Oh man, that bites. This will keep the screws fastened for years to come, preventing loose handles and wobbly legs. My third smoke I did a Prime Rib for Christmas using the high heat sear at first and then took it down to 300 to finish. Oklahoma Joe's Rider DLX Pellet Grill has some very unique and clever features: a lever that shifts from smoke to sear and the best pellet hopper clean out system we've seen. These are sold separately and I am sure that more accessories are on the way. You set the controller for a specific cooking temperature, let's say 250°f. Any ideas on how to get a new control board? I want to get the griddle insert for this because it would be perfect for whipping up some chorizo and eggs burritos on the weekends. Ash pot is empty swapped for treager pellets restarted the whole process and still the error every time. What brands are ok to use in this smoker? The upper two grates are easily adjustable, tool-free. Great write up Chris! It has two distinct cooking guidance features, … It's inexpensive. Sorry, I've been behind on moderating comments this week. My first cook on my Rider dlx the auger made sounds like it had bound up and once or twice stopped for brief second then made a pop noise when it started moving again.After searching around I found out that quite a few folks with many different manufactures pellet grills have issues with the auger. The ability to obtain the high heat needed for serious grilling has traditionally been a weakness of many models of pellet grills. I plan on putting it to the test as it will be delivered tomorrow, Has anyone one had error 2 come up... just doing the enitial burn off and is has come up... haven't even got to cook on it yet. Insightful, candid, and practical. There are … Ease of Maintenance - Like many pellet grill users, I vacuum out the inner workings of my pellet grills when I give them a deep clean about once a month because pellet ash doesn't just stay in the pot. After 2019's introduction of the Oklahoma Joe's Bronco Drum Smoker they have now turned their eye on the very hot pellet grill market. I still have one at our winter home. You can work around this by cooking in sear mode on Medium with the food on the upper racks shifted to the sides, so they aren't directly over the Sear Grate area. It isn't really cheap though. I have used probably 5 different brands in this cooker without any issues. Do not remove the heat diverter cover whenever you are searing or smoking. A CT scan found. The OKJ is now at the top of my list for replacing my 20 year old Weber gas grill. I usually would have let them dry brine for 8 hours, but I was hungry and wanted them now! The Oklahoma Joe's Rider DLX is a hoss! I need to do a better job collecting objective data for that. The Rider DLX has the classic Oklahoma Joe’s styling, massive capacity and, most impressively, functions as a smoker and a grill. This Oklahoma Joe's Rider pellet grill … It can hold 6 half-sized steam pans on the upper racks alone! The Maple Brine will impart a, On August 11th, 2011, a 50-year-old man was admitted to the hospital with severe abdominal pain. Just cooked for 20 people.I cooked pork chops, chicken, steak, and sausage links all at the same time!It performs perfectly! Okay. both will cause your auger to bind. Been trying to get someone from Oklahoma Joe's to help all of June. I'm doing a couple of briskets and turkey this weekend, I'll monitor it with a secondary remote probe and see. The grease buckets we're virtually grease free. On hold until literally until the system hangs up. I like the flexibility of being able to remove them for grilling, so I have maximum room for maneuvering in the cooking chamber. I gave away my small Traeger as I don’t like the clean up hassles. You can see the Rider DLX is set up for direct grilling here because you can see the baffle lid is not in place and that the baffle petals are open. I've enjoyed it as much for the grill as smoking. I suspect I will play around with temp and placement to overcome what seems to be a lack of heat dispersement. When you do your first 1/4 of a bag through your sifter you'll be amazed at how many tiny pieces are in the bucket when your done sifting, and they'll be a good bit of sawdust too. Hopefully the OKJ folks come up with a WiFi option that we can retrofit later on. To learn more about the Rider Pellet Grill … I've used Traeger, Grilla, RecTec, and Oklahoma Joes. Best Buy has honest and unbiased customer reviews for Char-Broil - Oklahoma Joe's Rider DLX Outdoor Pellet Grill - Black. Add in the wide range of cooking temperatures and this pellet grill can sear and smoke and switch between the two without even lifting the lid. Otherwise, I'd get on the phone with Oklahoma Joe's because they need to get that thing working for you...it's peak BBQ season :). Second, buy the aluminum inserts for these. Love searing a steak over that open wood flame.My best advice for this machine is to get the deep dish pan (the perfect way to cook paella by the way) and use that as your water pan when smoking. I know several people that swear by their GMG, I just don't have direct personal experience with it.