Is there a substitute for the cream of mushroom soup? Thanks for a Happy Mother’s Day, Sweetie. This one is a keeper for sure. I was concerned it would be too soupy so I increased the Jasmine rice by 1 cup and in the future I will add some additional veggies that I love.. I really want to try this casserole and I am a bit confused about the rice.If I use converted rice do I pre-cook it or use as is straight from the box. But as I've gotten older I've been looking for healthier versions of my favorites, so I was really happy to find this recipe online. My favorite thing about condensed soups is how it can transforms just about any casserole into a creamy dreamy dish.. Thankyou. I just want to say thank you very much. I also sautéed the Panko in butter before I added it to the top of the casserole. Only trouble I had was the crumbs didn't brown, and it was in the oven for almost an hour. Being single, I could freeze several containers of this that would last for many meals or could be for later to take to Sunday School class functions. I am always looking to save time in the kitchen … Related: Stouffers - Stouffer's Grandma Chicken And Rice Baked WILL MAKE … Select locations now offer curbside … I won't know until I bake the freezer casserole. Do you cook the 2nd casserole before freezing? Maybe when you mix all the soups together?I love your recipes. I thought it was better than the store bought version. Just use two cans cream of chicken and one cheddar cheese soup. When I do I plan on thawing it out a bit first then baking it in the oven. Seems like it'd be easy enough with this recipe as a base. Box (Frozen) at Amazon.com. And have eaten one of these meals once a week as a ritual. So yummy! For the rotisserie chicken do just peel off the skin & then cut the chicken into 1in cubes? This was a problem because that meant that I could not buy the Stouffers any more. And Rice Bake for years. My husband & I can devour the whole thing in one sitting we love it thag much. I fixed the ingredient so it's not confused. @TxSunlover, LMK how your family likes it when you make it. Add the plastic cover that comes with the pan and place in the freezer. Hopefully they will come out with more versions of the cream soups, because I depend on them quite often. I know just about everybody has a can of condensed soup in their pantry. I also forgot to mention that this recipe make (two) casseroles!!! I used Minute Rice Multi-grain Medley for the fiber and vitamin content. I am allergic to mushrooms, but the chicken and rice sounds good. I had to add some frozen mushrooms to it. Converted rice is not instant rice. If Anyone Has Doubts about this recipe, Don't...Regards, Bob... Wow ! Add the shredded cheese, chicken, vegetables and cooked rice Gently mix everything together. In our house on Thanksgiving day you can guarantee that Ma Maw's Cornbread dressing (not stuffing) will be on the table. I'll be eating this gem for a couple weeks!! Per 1 cup serving: 330 calories; 5g sat fat (25%DV); 730 mg sodium (32% … I'm a big fan of a few of the Stouffers Entrees, mainly the Lasagna and the Grandmas Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake. I used the second casserole for a freezer meal for another day. Thanks so much for any suggestions. You suggested putting in more soup. Set the vegetable mixture aside. Because I'm gluten intolerant, I used corn flake crumbs instead of panko. I don't know the results since this was the first time I made it. It's made with no preservatives and features quality ingredients like tender white meat chicken, crisp vegetables and tender rice… Visit CalorieKing to see calorie … I made a few changes: Since I'm not a fan at all of mushrooms, I eliminated the cream of mushroom soups and just added more of the cream of chicken soups. Aisles Online has thousands of low-price items to choose from, so you can shop your list … I know you're gonna love that. It does remind us of something Grandma would bring to a holiday gathering, so we see why the word Grandma is in the title. What are your instructions for baking the frozen one. I had leftovers the next day and it still was so good and creamy. This is our favorite Stouffer's meal and, like you, I need to buy 2 to feed my family so I have to wait until it goes on sale for 1/2 price or less. My dinner was pretty late since I didn't anticipate the time so well. Very comparable to the stoffer's version. The recipe calls for 4 cups Cooked Rice. I will certainly make this again and again..thank you for sharing!!.. I made this last yesterday night. My hubby and kids loved it. You can now buy low sodium and fat free versions which is nice, because it give consumers a few alternatives. It is our favorite, too, but there are never any leftovers. It goes by the brands of uncle bens or par boil rice. 4) Let stand 5 Minutes. I have to say this was the best chicken and rice casserole I've had in a long time. About a year ago I noticed a change in the product; Namely. I'm sure it's just my old junky oven. Looking forward to making my own!Tricia. It Blows Stouffers Grandma's Chicken And Rice Bake Out Of The Water! My family enjoyed it tremendously. lol But it's worth it since I got like 4 meals out of it.So I did manage to get 4 small casseroles out of it, one for eating last night and then 3 frozen in 8x8 pans since it's just me and my husband and that's about the right size for us (also about the same size as the Stoffer's version anyways). I will make this recipe from now on as we have a big family and it makes enough for everyone. Thanks! Cook 45 minutes. Then remove the foil for the last 10 - 15 minutes of baking. Canned soups are great for sprucing up so many dishes and entrees. Remove the chicken and set aside; In the same skillet over medium heat, melt 5 tablespoon of butter. I pinned it and can't wait to try it! I love Stouffer's Grandma's chicken & rice bake, and I've been eating it for about 20 years or so. Add the onions, garlic and frozen peas & carrots. Converted rice is firmer, and less clingy than plain white rice. I loved them very detailed. This scratch Pecan Pie Cake is rich, moist and filled with toasted pecans. Made this last night and it turned out really good! in the meantime would you or one of your readers happen to have recipe for a chicken pot pie. Stouffers Grandmas Chicken And Vegetable Rice Bake Frozen Meal reviews: Avoid anything with chicken. The STOUFFER’S CLASSICS Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake is a delightfully delicious family favorite. Probably like in the early 70's. that looks great but so much work to do beforehand. I made this tonight and it is soo good! Cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Add salt and pepper to taste. I can say it was as great as the first one that was not frozen. made it twice already. I'm new to the whole freezer meal thing!! Was a little time consuming, but so worth it. The chicken … If you love  Peca... Today I want to share a copycat recipe I found a couple weeks back. That one's my personal favorite. Thank you so much. It promptly went in the freezer until tonight when I decided to make a warm casserole … This recipe is fantastic! Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for STOUFFER'S Family Size Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake 36 oz. Will make it again. It's on her Cook Note's. Mix to combine. If using aluminum pans place the pans on a baking sheet before baking. I came across your recipe because I would like to try & make it myself. I've been a fan of Grandma's Chicken Veg. Add the chicken pieces and pan fry until golden brown on each side (browning adds a rich flavor to the meat) instead of boiling or poaching the chicken. I suggested using all cream of chicken to substitute for the cream of mushroom since she was allergic to mushrooms. Thanks so much for sharing. the last 3 times I gave it a shot but always seems to taste very moldy. Wow! You can go with all cream of chicken soup and omit the mushroom soup. You can use a rotisserie chicken which would cut out the cooking time all together. There are 340 calories in 1/4 package (236 g) of Stouffer's Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake (Family Size). If you need a comforting casserole for an upcoming potluck or family gathering, look no further. 2) Cook on high 20 Minutes. Thank-you for sharing this. So glad I can now make my own. Anonymous, It states to cover the casserole (unbaked) with Glad Press & Seal or plastic wrap. It had a crust made from flour, sour cream, cheese that formed a crust on the outside and was then filled with chicken, vegetables, and cheese for inside. Pickup is always free with a minimum $30 purchase. Shop Stouffer's Classics Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake Family Size - compare prices, see product info & reviews, add to shopping list, or find in store. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Thanks for the recipe! @Lynn,Frozen Broccoli or even a frozen California Blend would both be good in place of peas and carrots. I removed from the freezer and let it thaw out about half way and then baked until it was bubbly and cooked through. Joan - Maybe someone already suggested it, but my son hates mushrooms so I use Cream of Celery soup as a substitute for Cream of Mushrooms. This Copycat Stouffer's Chicken and Rice Bake was … that would devout a lot of time. I made this yesterday, the recipe is super easy to follow and really simple. This is what she suggested... "Cook's Note: If you do not like or are allergic to cream of mushroom soup just substitute using a total of 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.". I make a tuna mushroom casserole that I love dearly so I always have some sliced mushrooms in the freezer. Winner of our 1999 recipe contest - from Jenny's grandma … … Today I want to share a copycat recipe I found a couple weeks back. I am looking for one in particular that I ran across many years ago when my children were small. 1 - store bought Rotisserie chicken or 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 8 - tablespoons butter (1 stick), separated, 1 - 8 ounce package shredded mild cheddar cheese or Kraft Triple Cheddar Blend. Really good. The STOUFFER’S CLASSICS Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake is a delightfully delicious family favorite. Did you put the breadcrumbs on the one to freeze? It froze well. If you are allergic to cheese this recipe probably isn't for you as it uses shredded cheese and cheddar cheese soup. Pair with mashed potatoes, cra... A round up of sweet and savory breakfast dishes perfect for Christmas morning. 1) Leave film on tray, do not vent. I made the chicken and rice casseroles for dinner today...one for us, and one to share with our daughter. This dish was so amazing. It's my go covered dish. Stouffers Grandma's chicken Rice Bake. Do you think this recipe would work for baked pork chops, or would the flavor be wrong? Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the top of both casseroles. How many rotisserie chickens should I use to replace 6 chicken breasts? STOUFFER'S GRANDMA'S CHICKEN & VEGETABLE RICE BAKE- Tender white meat chicken, vegetables & rice in a cheddar cheese sauce. Grandma’s Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake is rated 4.1 out of 5 by 154. I would go with brown, par boil or long grain rice. Can I use minute rice and how much would I use?? Wow! I actually think it taste better than the Stouffers version. I used the second freezer meal a couple weeks ago and forgot to report back. The STOUFFER’S CLASSICS Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake is a delightfully delicious family favorite. Cook until the mixture is bubbly and the topping is golden brown. My daughter’s family loved this too!If you like the Stouffers, you’ll love this. Stouffers Grandma's Chicken & Rice Bake {CopyKat Recipe}, Country Cornbread Dressing - Ma Maw's Recipe, Your email address will never be shared. There are 360 calories in 1 serving of Stouffer's Family Size, Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake, frozen. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the top of both casseroles. I will add it here as well.To cook freezer casserole: Remove casserole from freezer, thaw and bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and heated through. I used 2 cans of cream of chicken, increased the carrots and the chicken . Thanks again. It made 1 large 8" x 12" pan and one small pan. Oh, thank you, I have been looking for a recipe for this for quite a while. 1) Preheat to 350°F 2) Leave film on product. Also, we like extra crunch so used extra toasted Parmesan Herb panko. I was able to get the whole recipe in one baking pan. We loved this recipe! I found you receipt and I use brown rice and wheat bread crumbs and it is great. Grandma’s Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake September 28, 2018 by Christine Yoon-Taylor 10 Comments A couple of years ago, I discovered that my kids LOVE Stouffer’s Grandma’s Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake … For our family of four, we decided we could actually divide the recipe into 3 casseroles! Thank you. I'm a big fan of a few of the Stouffers Entrees, mainly the Lasagna and the Grandmas Chicken and Vegetable Rice Bake. This is amazing we love this casserole! It's made with no preservatives and features quality ingredients like tender white meat chicken, crisp vegetables and tender rice… I'm sure it didn't come out like Stouffer's, but I enjoyed it. Christy. I really want to try this and like the idea of making two at once. I used 2 cream of chicken cans instead of cream of mushroom. Cover the casserole. We LOVE Stoffers Grandmas Chicken Bake. I increased the cooked chicken and the carrots. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! I also make several at a time and freeze. lots of pre cooked stuff before it's really cooked. @Zoomingirl,It is just a blend of krafts shredded cheddar cheese. I made this today for Father's Day & my hubby loved it! I had a bag of frozen mixed veggies (peas, carrots, green beans, & corn) that I used instead and I also used Keebler crackers instead of bread crumbs. Since I'm an empty nester, and it is just my husband and I, I majorly modified this recipe to make a smaller amount. Better than the stouffers one, and way cheaper! Did you cook the frozen casserole from frozen or did you thaw it first? We just had the A Stouffer's chicken bake last night. Thank you! So THANK YOU for posting this copy cat recipe. I made this and I have to say it was a hit. Add the chicken pieces and pan fry until golden brown on each side (browning adds a rich flavor to the meat) instead of boiling or poaching the chicken. I've made this several times all ready. I found I had to bake it covered with foil to prevent the Panko from freezing. Nasty smell did not eat. If I purchase two than it's just way too expensive. I love these sumptuous stick-to-your-ribs meals, and was saddened when Walmart gave up carrying the original Stouffer's line.Thanks for the recipe! My hubby & I recently purchased this meal in the 'family size' (this size makes 2 meals for us) a few days ago at our local walmart. I froze one and put the second in the fridge for an easy after work dinner tonight and it was fantastic! I'm sure you can substitute regular rice, but I just don't know if it will be mushy or not. Is this the cheese packet from the Mac & Cheese box? Get full nutrition facts for other Stouffer's products and all your other favorite brands. I can say canned soups have changed a lot over the years. Rated 1 out of 5 by Raven from Grandma would be thoroughly disappointed. This is usually a weekend meal for us, so I can freeze the second casserole to use during the week. Stouffer's Grandma Chicken And Rice Baked WILL MAKE YOU SICK!!!!!! I accidentally opened mixed veggies and didn't notice until I dumped. I cooked a lot of your recipes. Using a sharpie label the pan with the name of the dish and the date. Let's get started on this delicious recipe. Using the same skillet over medium heat, melt the 5 tablespoon of butter, onions, garlic and frozen peas & carrots. Made this for dinner as the flu struck the house but didn't want soup. When I saw this at the supermarket, it looked much like a cheddar version of Stouffer's Chicken … If you love the combination of chicken, rice, vegetables and a delicious cream sauce, you'll go crazy for this easy casserole … Both pans were empty when returned . Glad I stumbled on your recipe and want to try it, however we cannot get cheese soup here, what do you recommend? Using a Rotisserie chicken will be a huge time saver for this recipe. I love this recipe, especially that it makes two casseroles. Don't know how I missed that. they were delicious...very easy to make, little clean up..what more can you ask for??? So, I guess you could say I'm a big fan of condensed soups. I would love it if you would link up to Tried & True Thursdays. I plan to give the small 8" x 8" pan to my elderly mother.For those of you who dislike mushrooms you could add Cream of Asparagus or Cream of Celery instead of the Cream of Mushroom. @mommysusan1, yes I did add the panko bread crumbs to the second casserole before freezing. I always wait til it's on sale and I have a coupon because it is a little pricey. Great Recipe! Now what I don't like is the size of the packages. Thanks for posting the recipe! It's made with no preservatives and features quality ingredients like tender white meat chicken, crisp vegetables and tender rice… I'm going to try it in this recipe. Do not vent. Grandma's Chicken & Vegetable Rice Bake, Family Size Rice, white meat chicken and vegetables in a cheddar cheese sauce. I'm going to try to modify it to make the Broccoli & Cheddar bake from Stoffer's as well. And when would you add it? This family-sized meal serves multiple people, so grab a friend or two and serve them up some delicious chicken-filled, casserole … I have not used the frozen casserole yet. Add the shredded cheese, chicken, cooked vegetables and rice Gently mix everything together. Never know if I should thaw it out or bake it at a higher temp... or for longer... so what did you do!? I've made quite a few and they've all been winners with my family of very picky eaters! We liked it and was pretty quick (already had some boiled chicken). Cook until mixture is bubble and the topping is golden brown. Rated 5 out of 5 by Drewk84 from One of my go favorites! I would just use all cream of chicken soup. You can also just use regular cheddar cheese. Just made this today to serve to the staff at my church. Copycat Stouffer's Chicken and Rice Bake. I used jasmine rice instead of brown or parboiled rice (converted rice was just too "welfare" for use such a wondrous meal; and I loathe the cheap and hideous taste of converted rice).I used 9 large boneless/skineless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed up so that there was a LOT of chicken to balance out the portions.This will be a regular thing for my freezer.